Small Beer Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find amber beer bottles about 7-8oz? Crown cap or swing top work, but crown slightly preferred.

That's the kind of size for mixers in bars about 200ml. But they tend to be clear.

Thomas Hardys ale used to be in a small amber bottle but not likely to find any of those as they are collectors items.

If you really need that volume you might have to resort to small cans!!

Why so small?

That's the kind of size for mixers in bars about 200ml. But they tend to be clear.

Thomas Hardys ale used to be in a small amber bottle but not likely to find any of those as they are collectors items.

If you really need that volume you might have to resort to small cans!!

Why so small?
I did find these but the shipping cost is quite steep. Do you have a good alternative source for these? Clear will work if amber is too hard to find.

I generally keg, and one of my favorite aspects of it is that I can pour just the amount I want, which is generally less than 12oz. I sometimes bottle, either off the keg to make room for something new or for a smaller brew, and being able to have smaller portions there is appealing.

Fever tree tonic bottles are 200 ml so you could call around a few bars and see who is selling that with there Gins and ask them to save you some. They are clear so would need to go in a cupboard / box straight after bottling.

Wow, I usually pull 6-7 ounces from my first gulp from a 16 oz beer glass. 7-8 ounces? Not enough beer!

Seriously though, they have made that size many times over the years, start rummaging through eBay. They were called “splits” and were generally used as chasers. Shlitz in particular made a 7 or so ounce bottle in red glass which was neat. The older early stubby bottles were 11 ounce before the 12’s were used. Also I believe Flensberger has some smaller sized flip bottles available, probably in the 330 ml size or thereabouts.

I did find these but the shipping cost is quite steep. Do you have a good alternative source for these? Clear will work if amber is too hard to find.

I generally keg, and one of my favorite aspects of it is that I can pour just the amount I want, which is generally less than 12oz. I sometimes bottle, either off the keg to make room for something new or for a smaller brew, and being able to have smaller portions there is appealing.

Those are champagne bottles. Check your lhbs to avoid shipping. both of the ones in driving distance to me have them.
187 ml Clear Champagne Bottles Cork or Crown Finish (Case of 24)

Flensberger 11 oz flips...
CCD649DE-659D-4A05-8BBC-8FDEBC0BFA64.jpeg

Back