Sly Fox Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
Continuing on my PA beer theme ;)....Sly Fox. I first tried their Dry Stout at the Standard Tap in Northern Liberties and really enjoyed it. I noticed last time I was walking around my local distributor that they are packaging some of their beer in cans much like oskar blues.

Anyone have feedback on their other beers?

http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/beerlist.asp

I was so close to buying a case of their Pikeland Pils or Phoenix Pale Ale this weekend, but I've never had it so I went with Dead Guy Ale. I'm hoping they will be at the Beer Fest I'm going to next month, I'd love to try their stuff.

The phoenix pale was tempting me as well.

Funny, the Irish Dry stout is not listed on their site but I have had it numerous times at the tap. Very good with some of their hearty fare. Might have to hit one of their brew pubs sometime soon....

The Irish Dry is called O'REILLY'S...Made a quick stop into the Royersford location and grabbed an Odyssey IIPA. To be honest, it's ok but really needs some more malt support in the flavor to really hit the beer past just decent.

I'm a big fan of Sly Fox.

I really enjoyed the Odyssey but I have to say their Christmas Ale is the best, easily my favorite Christmas beer!

Sorry to pull this from the dead, but I just swung by the Phoenixville location for a little lunch. I tried the Pub Ale as it was newly back on the menu. It was served on nitro, and recently made an appearance on the beer engine (shame I missed that). It was interesting. It had a little spicy ending that I would not have considered to the style, but it was engoyable. Listed as a session ale, and showing 4.5% I was quite supprised by the rodust flavors.

I then decided the best accompanyment to the ruben in front of me was an O'Reilly's stout. This is what should be the barometer for irish stouts. While I like Guinness and Beamish, there is a a roastiness and crispness that is found in this beer that is lacking in other "traditional" renditions.

I'll generally schedule work appointments in the Royersford area around lunch for that very reason. I am really glad they finally went smoke free there...the ventilation just could not keep that place from becoming unbearable.

Just had a Sly Fox the other night:

Good stuff, have a case of Dunkel downstairs!

IMG_0518.jpg

er...what's left of it. :D
Went to the Royersford location a year or so ago, had the stout, pale ale, IPA, and Odyssey. All good, pretty diverse lineup. :rockin:

New website too!

Back