Slow pour from one tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunkerking

Reaction score
Hello I have a three tap keezer and all three taps are intertap stainless steel that are approximately a year and a half old I am having a problem where the pour from one tap is much slower than the other taps.

They are all hooked up the same regulators so the pressure in each Keg should be the same any idea what might be causing this difference ?

I have just cleaned each beer line.

Thanks!!

Hello I have a three tap keezer and all three taps are intertap stainless steel that are approximately a year and a half old I am having a problem where the pour from one tap is much slower than the other taps.

They are all hooked up the same regulators so the pressure in each Keg should be the same any idea what might be causing this difference ?

I have just cleaned each beer line.

Thanks!!

I would try swapping the slow faucet and a fast one, and see if the problem travels with the actual faucet, or if the problem lies in that specific beer line. If it is the beer line, check the ball/pin lock connector for restricted openings (could be some plastic flash in the disconnect from the molding process). If it is the faucet, disassemble it fully along with a working one and thoroughly inspect for any inconsistencies.

Have you cleaned the faucet (Taken it apart)? I clean my faucets out every year gunk does get into them so it's always a good idea to start there. I presume you tried switching the lines with kegs depressurized to make sure the line pressure is not the issue if not do that. Another thought is your keg dip tube may need to be cleaned out I have a brush for that it was like $5 and takes 10 seconds. If after those your problem persist check for a leak.

First thing i would do is swap the gas between 2 kegs, one slow and one fast.
This is an easy way to tell you if its a keg problem or a tower problem.

Another potential problem is that the slow keg is closer to the cooling element and beer has frozen in it.

Actually, the first thing is to simply swap the slow beer line with a "normal" beer line at the kegs (just swap the disconnects)...

Cheers!

Yes, that is a great place to start. I had overthought it a bit on my response. By swapping the line at the kegs, you can then tell if the keg or the beer line is the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions ! One follow up. What is the best way to clean an intertap faucet? Take apart and soak in pbw?

A potentially plugged faucet pretty much demands removal and disassembly. It's not that big of a task if the obvious precautions are taken (eg: disconnect the beer line from the keg and relieve the pressure first!)

Cheers!

I have determined it is not a beer line or tap issue. Must be something to do with the keg.

I have determined it is not a beer line or tap issue. Must be something to do with the keg.
First thing to try is to connect CO2 to your liquid out (using a liquid QD), to blow CO2 through your dip tube. Hopefully this clears any blockage.

Back