Slow dispensing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmiekr

Reaction score
I have two kegs hooked up to one co2 tank and one keg dispenses significantly slower than the other. Also after a week of being hooked up at around 10psi the beer in the keg in question is lacking carbonation. Any idea what the issue may be? You think I may need to replace the posts? I cleaned everything out really well and everything seemed in good condition and it doesn't leak, it's just super slow giving me my beer ;)

Thanks!

You have one regulator with a T or WYE set-up, and it's set at 10 psi, but one only trickles out? The other is fine?

My beer would be undercarbed at 10 psi, but it would dispense ok, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is it possible that you have the "out" poppit (or the diptube) clogged with some hops or other debris?

Yeah i have a two port c02 distribution block with the two kegs hooked up. One trickles, one is fine. Maybe I'll pull out the diptube and make sure all is well. Also I may shut off the good keg for a bit and crank up the co2 a bit for a few days and see if that helps with the carbonation.

So what I've been doing is mixing my two beers together as a makeshift black and tan, my nut brown tastes great, but no bubbles, and my stout tastes ok, but is overcarbonated. Together, it's by far my best creation ;)

After cleaning out the post and dip tube, all is well on dispensing. There was a lot of crud in it. I didn't do a secondary on that batch so there was more stuff in it. Maybe I'll trim back the dip tube a bit to avoid sucking all that up on the first few glasses.

Thanks for the help!

After cleaning out the post and dip tube, all is well on dispensing. There was a lot of crud in it. I didn't do a secondary on that batch so there was more stuff in it. Maybe I'll trim back the dip tube a bit to avoid sucking all that up on the first few glasses.

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome- but it seems like you figured it out all on your own.

I don't trim my dip tubes (god, that sounds dirty) but I usually only keg crystal clear beers. Even so, I've had some hops particles stuck around the poppit in the "out" post. Never to the point of slowing down a pour, but enough to make me realize that I have to pull off the post after every keg.

Back