Slightly Improved Heatstick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

Reaction score
I built the heatstick most of you are probably familiar with awhile back using these instructions-

http://www.3d0g.net/brewing/heatstick

Because heatsticks are so useful I wanted to build another. While at HD I came across some alternative piping that provides a better fit so I thought I’d share.

With the new parts everything is a snug fit and doesn't require JB weld to secure connections. I also covered exposed wiring within the heatstick with silicone rather than JB weld. The end cap has a tapered thread so you can really get a good fit by forcing it down onto the extension tube.

Thanks to everybody on this site for the invaluble information you provide. I thought I'd contribute a bit myself. Cheers!

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

Is the plastic extension tube just slip-fit over the metal? Or do you have some kind of sealant gluing it together? If its just slip fit, no matter how tight, I would still worry about water-proof-ness.

I used silicone on all of the connections. It does slip down over it but you can really force it together for a tight fit.

Latest posts

Back