Site recommendation for geographically challenged.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjackson82

Reaction score
I see a lot of people asking for help gettin a 6er of a brew that is not available to them. Myself being Mississippi find it pretty challenging as well. So in an effort to solve this detrimental dilemma, what about starting a section or thread where 1) people can post what they are after, 2) the first volunteer replies to the post 3) Pm's are sent from that point on. Similar to the exchanges that go on (for the exclusive, me being too new with too few posts.. Hint, hint) but it lends a helping hand to fellow enthusiasts. I recommend being a section all to its own with subsections to review other members to ensure proper transactions take place, requests can be made, etc... Anybody see any drawbacks?

Are you proposing a section where a person could ask another person in a different area to purchase and send them beers they otherwise could not get a hold of ?
this would make for an expensive 6 pack I think . 9 bucks for a six and then another 12 to ship .
can a person not just order beer online ? I order wine online .

I wouldn't mind paying extra to have the ability to try a beer I've been hearing about forever! Plus, I think many of us have gotten used to the quality vs quantity pricing, that's what keeps the micro's in business! And if it something available online somewhere than someone could post a link.

The legalities for shipping alcohol vary from state to state, you could be setting yourself, or someone else, up for some legal trouble. Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just saying the possibility for grief does exist.
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back