Sirius - Lagunitas Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.code.decode.

Reaction score
Do they still make this beer? I checked their web site and it's not on there. I tried this beer a few years ago at a micro-brew fest, I remember it being very good - my favorite of the 20? 25? 30? or so samples I had that day. (4 oz ea., and yes, I was basically wasted. I'm a lightweight).

Described as a "high gravity cream ale" - it had the nice golden color of a lighter beer, but I remember really liking its balance - some body, but too much, and a nice crispy clean finish, and IIRC some slight spice or something else to it (don't remember it being corn, haha).

(just FYI - my preference is generally fairly balanced beers, leaning slightly to the hop/spice/fruit/floral styles: for instance, ESBs, pale ales, etc. IPAs are too much hops for me but I can drink one as an appetizer.)

It was something like 7+ ABV but didn't taste like it at the time. I'm a fan of the bigger beers since I like to float in a pleasant haze without quaffing down liters of beer.

I generally don't buy as much beer as I used to obviously, but I would definitely consider buying a case of something like this just to break out every now and then. If you aware of something similar (Belgian Triples maybe?) clue me in.

*clink*

Also one of my all time favorites, I wrote to BYO about replicating this beer. Unfortunately, I haven't had one in a couple of years. I agree it is really easy to drink for such I high ABV. I know it was a seasonal beer of theirs though.

Back