Single tier two pump system without swapping hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdjshaw

Reaction score
Anyone have photos of their single tier two pump system that doesn't require swapping hoses during a brew session? I think I've figured out how I want to do it but thought I'd see how some of you have yours set up.

It ends up looking a little like Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, but gets the job done.

One 3-way on the HLT pump to direct flow to recirc in the HLT or to the mash tun (through the HERMS coil) for sparging.

One 3-way as input to the wort pump being fed by either the BK or Mash Tun.

Then two 3-ways on the output. To direct wort to either the HERMS coil, back to the BK for whirlpooling/transfer from Mash Tub during sparge, and then finally one to the CFC.

Lastly, one 3-way at the input of the HERMS coil accommodate mashing and sparging.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428403608.792019.jpg

Hard plumbed to water supply as well.

20140627_100127.jpg

I'd love to hard plumb everything.

Unfortunately, trying to keep everything using sanitary TC fittings would be spendy in my case.

I don't have a single TC... I have some compression fittings, and cam-locks. You could reduce the expensive elbow and 3-way compression fittings with threaded and just use the compression/MPT adapters everywhere. Nothing needs to be sanitary until after the boil...

Back