Silicone Tube as Dip Tube in BK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrebello

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if its ok to use a silicone tube as an extension dip tube to reache the bottom of my keggle. Don't know if leaving it during the entire boil will cause to realease some silicone particals in my wort or if it will cause any off flavours. Since its in contact with the bottom of my keggle, i dont't know if it will reach the 500ºF it says it can withstand.

Let me know if its ok or not, or if you have had any experience with this. Cheers! :mug:

silicone diptube.jpg

I'm wondering the same. Seems like a cheap way to make a diptube. A ss Barb with some hose on the inside

I think it's unlikely the temperature the tubing would see would be significantly above boiling. There's so much thermal mass involved, even if the tubing is resting on the keggle surface when you examine the actual contact geometry I just don't see a problem happening...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back