Sierra Nevada Hefeweizen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Popped into the beer store, and they had Sierra Nevada Hefeweizen. Never seen that one before, so bought a six.

Poured a glass, and...it tastes EXACTLY like a brew I have on tap.

I don't know if an expert could tell the difference, it is that close.

Well, mine laces better.

:rockin:

Are you talking about their Kellerwies? What do you have on tap that is just like that? I'd love to see a recipe...

Are you talking about their Kellerwies? What do you have on tap that is just like that? I'd love to see a recipe...

Just my basic hefe:

(6 gallon batch)

5.0lbs White Wheat
2.5lbs Vienna
3.0lbs Pils
1.0lbs Flaked Wheat

.5oz Hallertau @ 60m
.3oz Magnum @ 60m

Wyeast 3056

Single step mash at 152*F

Nothing fancy.

It may just have arrived in this area, what part of MS are you in?

South MS, near Hattiesburg. I drink Sierra Nevada Pale Ale often, so I was surprised when I saw the yellow six pack from them. I'm used to only seeing the green pale ale. Last week was the first time I saw it at the local store.

That Kellerwies is great beer. A guy I bowl with is the regional sales manager for Sierra Nevada in Western Washington. He says a killer specialty ale (22oz'r) is just about to come out, but wouldn't give me any other info.. Be on the look out!

That Kellerwies is great beer. A guy I bowl with is the regional sales manager for Sierra Nevada in Western Washington. He says a killer specialty ale (22oz'r) is just about to come out, but wouldn't give me any other info.. Be on the look out!

I'm gonna bet that's the "limb & life" collaboration brew with dogfish head...

Yep - that is the one.. I had forgotten that he mentioned Dogfish head. Should be great!

Back