sidearm tips dying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotebrew

Reaction score
Water 4 times a day (vegas). Planted in a container (55 gallon drum cut in half) Shade cloth like you see in greenhouses. planting soil, worm castings and chicken/ rabbit poop. I have a tomato frowing in the same type of soil mixture and it shows signs of blossom end rot. (calcium deficiency) I've added calcium carbonate to a foliar spray as well as add gypsum to the surrounding soil....Any thoughts

20160711_092254.jpg

20160711_092237.jpg

20160711_092039.jpg

It might be a boron deficiency. You might want to try a foliar spray with some seaweed extract or something that has a high concentration of it.

Looks like they're being eaten. Did it happen suddenly, or did they form in a strange way?

Kind of hard to tell I'm not there most of the time.....automatic watering, my whole crop died last year over watering...but the main bine died long before any sidearms, this year I am at least getting sidearms with cones. I have sprayed with a hot pepper spray once a week to keep the bugs down which seem to keep most of them away.....white flies seem to not be bothered by cayenne pepper spray!

Latest posts

Back