Side by side kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbobble

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'd like your input here. I live in a hot place in the summer time and it cuts into my brewing because I have no temperature control for fermentation or dispensind my kegs. I'm going to purchase a keezer or kegerator via craigslist or some other means.
I'm thinking about purchasing a side by side refridgerator. The plan is that the fridge would house my carboys. I was thinking about putting my 4 corny kegs in the freezer and turn it down so that the freezer was as warm as possible (should still be pretty cold though). I could fit 4 corny kegs vertically and stack them. I was thinking about using a controller w/ temp probe inside the appliance but the problem is how to control the two seperate environments w/ a single power cord coming out the back of the appliance? Also, if you turn the freezer temperature control to it's lowest setting would it still freeze the kegs?
Does any one have any experience with this and if so, how did you implement it successfully? I'd rather not have to purchase and house two seperate appliances for my increasingly small garage.
Thanks everyone.

don't think it will work. frozen kegs, or not enough cooling to maintain ferm temps. either way, one side of the unit work properly while the other is too hot/cold.

When I say lowest setting, I mean to say the setting where the freezer would be on the least amount of time. Meaning, the warmest setting available to the freezer.

Which will still be well below freezing.

i'm sure there's a way, but some refrigeration engineer will have to answer your question

my guess is you would need two temp probes to one controller, and would have to rewire something.

i'm sure there's a way, but some refrigeration engineer will have to answer your question

my guess is you would need two temp probes to one controller, and would have to rewire something.

Yeah I kinda figured it would be something like that.

Shucks.

Back