Show us your other obsession(s)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to say my main hobby is trying hobbies :eek: Recently started hunting this past deer season. First time out, first shot fired at a living thing, got a doe. Hooked. This was my first gun as well. Since then I've got a 22 revolver and a Marlin 22 rifle. Anxious to go shoot them next weekend.

Old hobbies that I miss the most. Tournament Paintball and the dirtbike that I stupidly decided to sell before my first child was born. Paintball, I've let go. The bike will be mine again!

I used to do scenario paintball a lot. Idk if youve ever been to Skirmish in PA but is ****ing awesome. Their D-Day scenario is 3 days (if you count their friday night games) long and its insane. camping out, paintball during the day. Ive got a Tipmann 98 custom with a couple of attachments. I haven't played in over a year but I've been craving it lately.

......lol...i see a theme, dogs, guns, fishing, motorcycles....................er...um....and soap.....

Basketball season!!

image-2552165477.jpg

As if it weren't obvious from the signature, I'm extra obsessed with Major League Soccer, especially the LA Galaxy. It's really awesome to see the league finally starting to thrive, with this season having higher attendance records than the NHL and NBA. You're next, baseball :D

Me and SWMBO at the Home Depot Center during the worst heatwave LA has seen in decades. We still sang, chanted, and drank for the entire 90+ minutes.
0924102203.jpg

LA CAMPIONE
MLS-Cup-2011-Houston-Dynamo-Los-Angeles-Galaxy_1.jpg

Reno_eNVy said:
Me and SWMBO at the Home Depot Center during the worst heatwave LA has seen in decades. We still sang, chanted, and drank for the entire 90+ minutes.
Are you the guy that looks like Jesus? ;)

love to fly and in the process of building a 2 seat aerobatic airplane. if you think brewing is expensive try affording a airplane addiction.

I have been into collecting cigars for about 8 years now and travel the country to attend "herfs" or cigar smoker gatherings:
Smoking a stogie in Maui
IMG_0693.jpg

Sampling some Absynthe at Mahogany Cigar Bar in Philly:
IMG_0526.jpg

Other than cigars and homebrewing, I spend the rest of my time with my family and on the constant upkeep of our house.

jhorgan1 said:
I used to do scenario paintball a lot. Idk if youve ever been to Skirmish in PA but is ****ing awesome. Their D-Day scenario is 3 days (if you count their friday night games) long and its insane. camping out, paintball during the day. Ive got a Tipmann 98 custom with a couple of attachments. I haven't played in over a year but I've been craving it lately.

I never got into the scenario stuff really, bit did play the Monster Game one year in MI. It was fun.

My newest hobby before guns and hunting is photography. Balancing spending money between photography and guns sucks.

Finally got some pics to post in reference to my lastest obsession. Frog boxes.

Got two boxes now. The large one, pictured below, house 10 frogs and two lizards. Assembled it all from scratch using bits around the house and from a local plant nursery.

MG_4344-12-12.jpg

Left half

MG_4345-13-13.jpg

Right half

MG_4351-19-19.jpg

Nite-time (with moonlighting).

The obsessive part has less to do with the boxes themselves ( beyond the build ), and more to do with establishing a food colony and keeping that alive while attempting to facilitate needs for laying eggs. Then incubating and hatching those for new colonies of food.

Keeping the food for frogs is more work than the frogs themselves.

Wow gila that's pretty badass... I can see getting into something like that with the kids. I'll have to look in to that

My other obsession? Why? What did you hear? Well it's a damn lie, and I don't care what that lying a_ _ Chris Hansen says...

as many of you, i have too many hobbies also.

woodworking:
earringstand.jpg

making pizza:
IMG_2087.jpg

fermenting other things:
DSC00991.jpg

restoring old razors:
IMG_1153.jpg

in general, try to make whatever i can without buying it.

I've got several listed in my sig (along with the obvious -- family)...here's a couple combining 2 of them:

Vinyl playback (I built the plinth/base for the table and arm):

complete_3.jpg

Photography (esp. sports and nature/landscape):

cart_1.jpg

android said:
as many of you, i have too many hobbies also.

Nice. Is that kimchi? I just packed away my first batch of sauerkraut, and want to try more fermented vegetables.

Rocking out. :D Oh man, I have keyboard face in this photo...
6172_505602856725_106400654_30201094_5514867_n.jpg

Crazy progressive rock mostly. (you can listen here if you are curious)

Like most forum dwellers, I have obsessive compulsive disorder, which manifests in a wide array of hobbies (beats therapy, lol). I started a 12 piece classical chamber ensemble last year, like to cook, bbq, make all kinds of things, gardening, arm chair science, fishing- too many things really!

Brewing is something I got away from for a few years (money situation was not so great), but am now returning to. Have to say, this forum is such a fantastic resource. I remember making mead wayyy back in 1999- and there was such little information out there. Now there is such a wealth of info here! Cheers!!!

:mug:

Hmm... I'm into food:
DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

Hiking:
me_on_south.jpg

I also like playing in my garden, but all those pictures are only on facebook :p

Building and Flying RC helicopters.
DSC_2743.jpg

Driving and forever tinkering with my Pontiac.
DSC_2354.jpg

Photography.
DSC_2612.jpg

Back