Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking this now:
280.png

Some really great labels in this thread! What software do you all use to make these?

What software do you all use to make these?
I use a pre-2002 version of CorelDraw. It made the transfer to and runs on a 2006 Mac, but it won't work on our "new" (2013) Mac. I print the labels on Artisan's Label Making Paper, which is easy to use and remove. Unless there's a special reason, I only do nine labels (one sheet of label paper) for a 5 gallon batch. I just enjoy designing the label and seeing it on a few (usually clear Sam Smith's) bottles. There are free alternatives to CorelDraw that you could try, but I have no first hand knowledge of them.

Last edited:
I wanted to add my label to the pile. I just ordered it as static window clings so I can take it on and off of bottles/kegs as needed. The blank spots are for me to handwrite in whatever beer and abv it is.

XNb6n0S.png

Originally I had a different design but the wife said it was too busy:

WC5FvkY.png

Edit:

Just got in my static cling labels. They work better then I hoped in that the dry erase markers don't rub off this material without quite a bit of scrubbing. This would be annoying on bottles but works fine for kegs. Now I just need a dry erase marker with a much finer point ;P

HnN34xL.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded Inkscape to make labels a couple weeks ago. Has a pretty steep learning curve but I’m getting the hang of it. This is the current state of the logo I’m making for our house brewery. My wife and I jokingly started calling it Bad Dog Brewing because our dog is a lovable moron. Let me know what you think!

1627910704667.jpeg

I downloaded Inkscape to make labels a couple weeks ago. Has a pretty steep learning curve . . . Let me know what you think!
I applaud anyone who designs their own labels, especially one who can admit to owning a bad dog. I have two thoughts: (1) If you intend to print these to put on bottles you might find circles harder to cut out than rectangles. (2) Won't you want to have labels for your individual batches?

Last edited:
I applaud anyone who designs their own labels, especially one who can admit to owning a bad dog. I have two thoughts: (1) If you intend to print these to put on bottles you might find circles harder to cut out than rectangles. (2) Won't you want to have labels for your individual batches
So I was thinking of using this as part of a neck label or something that I could put on every beer and then make unique bigger labels for each individual batch

How/Where do you print your labels? Do you print them on adhesive paper or do the milk method?

How/Where do you print your labels? Do you print them on adhesive paper or do the milk method?

I got my static cling from uprinting.com. They do regular stickers though and if you are buying say a couple hundred, they are going to be cheaper then printing them yourselves.

I print mine on Artisans Label Making Paper. They must be cut out. It has glue on one side that you lick/wet. It's currently priced at $5.55 for an 18 sheet pack at Label Peelers, but you have to look under wine labels because their sight is clunky. Also, due to shipping, it may be just as well to pay more at a brick and mortar place if you aren't already ordering stuff. Not all brew supply places carry it. My next order will be split between Rite Brew and Label Peelers, because Rite Brew does not carry Munton's DME, Briess dark DBE, Munton's yeast, or Artisans Label making Paper.

Edit: I do different labels for each batch of beer. Except for rare occasions, I only put them on 9 bottles, which is one sheet of label paper. I design my labels to be 2 5/8 X 3 1/4. On bottles they look like this:

labels.png

Last edited:
Nice! I like that you have a standard formula for your labels. Are you the artist making all the pictures as well?
Thanks man, and yeah I def try to make my labels have a similar Black and White base with some watercolor or hand drawn look to them.

I am not the artist of the individuals images of any of these labels, these are all "borrowed"images and then I altered/edited them as needed. Thats goes for about 90% of my labels.

a rough draft of my home brewing LOGO. Not sure exactly how I feel about it
I really liked your labels and the common look provided by the border and the logo/brewery name. But I think your logo draft is too busy, drifting off course with hard to read lettering. I think just the rooster and the coop (I assume pun) is good by itself. Good logos are simple, like the Chevrolet chevron bowtie. Just my opinion, I do not mean to bring you down.

Last edited:
I really liked your labels and the common look provided by the border and the logo/brewerry name. But I think your logo draft is too busy, drifting off course with hard to read lettering. I think just the rooster and the coop (I assume pun) is good by itself. Good logos are simple, like the Chevrolet chevron. Just my opinion, I do not mean to bring you down.
No offense taken at all, definitely appreciate the honest feedback!

Wow. These are some nice labels.
What do you guys use to make them?
Is there an iphone or ipad app?

Here are a few of mine, still haven’t printed any off

Attachments

• CD58CC1C-9678-48BF-AE22-6175D8618080.jpeg
    CD58CC1C-9678-48BF-AE22-6175D8618080.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 460087A0-7540-4A6A-AE8E-AF1AC98A2284.png
    460087A0-7540-4A6A-AE8E-AF1AC98A2284.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 85DAA1E8-DF4B-4FD3-8DDA-B2888D68116C.png