Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new maibock, will be in the cellar aging for a bit still.

bock.jpg

Go to a craft store and look through their papers, lots with cool shades and textures. It costs a little more than regular paper (not really expensive though) this one is like a watercolor printer paper (i don't know the specific brand though)

Also, only 12 words and I made a typo.

Go to a craft store and look through their papers, lots with cool shades and textures. It costs a little more than regular paper (not really expensive though) this one is like a watercolor printer paper (i don't know the specific brand though)

Also, only 12 words and I made a typo.

What do you use to adhere it to the bottle? And do you use a color laser printer to prevent runs?

So far the times I've given it to people, I knew they were going to drink it right away so I just used tape and no waterproofing, it lasts at least a few days in the fridge like that before condensation gets to it. For the ones that I'm going to give away to people that will keep it longer I will use acrylic spray to waterproof it and then probably milk glue or gelatin that someone else mentioned here.

Oh, and just a regular cheap inkjet printer

The simplicity on this is amazing. It has a very big draw. If I saw this in the store, I would buy it solely because of curiosity (just like how I buy wine).

Thanks! I recently switched styles and found this fits me better, and actually I'm glad you said that about the wine cause a wine bottle look is kinda what I was going for. Beer is just as complex (more complex) and classy as wine and it deserves to be labeled like that imho

I put some different elements together for this label.

ywB0IIfr

Really great use of subtle coloration. The font fits perfectly and is spaced in a way where you can have a paragraph of text and not be overwhelmed by words. Really like this one, keep it up!

I figured since I live 45 minutes from Kyoto I should take advantage of the cherry blossoms there.

The beer is called mono no aware (pronounced uh-wa-ray) which is Japanese for "the pathos of things" it means that everything is temporary and there's a sadness to everything because of that, but that's what makes you appreciate it. It comes up more here during cherry blossoms because they only last a week so they exemplify that philosophy. My mom did the picture on it.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460852057.778942.jpg

I figured since I live 45 minutes from Kyoto I should take advantage of the cherry blossoms there.

The beer is called mono no aware (pronounced uh-wa-ray) which is Japanese for "the pathos of things" it means that everything is temporary and there's a sadness to everything because of that, but that's what makes you appreciate it. It comes up more here during cherry blossoms because they only last a week so they exemplify that philosophy. My mom did the picture on it.View attachment 350724

What kind of paper is that and where can I find it? Is it printed with a laser printer?

Basically it's just water color paper, if you go back a page or two there was a little back and forth about paper and adhesives for it. I just use a regular cheap inkjet

My three currently bottled beers with labels. My home brewery is named "Gravøl," Danish for "Funeral Beer," and most of my brew has either morbid or dark references one way or another.

"Biohazard" is an oud bruin, and my first attempt at (deliberately) infected beer.

"Fjerde Rytter" means "Fourth Horseman," referring to the pale rider of death. It's an IPA.

"Solsiden," or "The Sunny Side," is what my home town often calls itself. This one is a Baltic porter.

DSC_6222.jpg

My buddy kegs so he never makes labels but I'm a label fan so I started making him labels at least to use on Untappd. (I tried to get him to go full label for up in smoke but it was a no go) the tomahawk was made with mainly those hops, smoke was a smoked beer of course, and the out of this world is a wit made with comet hops.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1461469326.463853.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1461469336.296386.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1461469346.163197.jpg

Back