Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://images.google.com/ You're on your own to worry about copyright concerns.

Brew on :mug:

yea, I know about google :) IDK if the law has changed since I took an internet class back in college but it was said if you change an image by 30% you can claim rights to it. I'm not going to sell anything so it doesn't really matter.

I guess I was wondering if we have a lot of talented artists on here, if people had friends draw something up for them, or if they just use google images and alter them. Guess I just wanted more information about how some of these sweet labels came to be.

I'm groovin' on those square bottles! Are they retasked oil or vinegar bottles? They really do lend an "old world" feel to their presentation, nice labels too.
Regards, GF.

Ebay seller said Italian wine bottles. 12 for $12 couldn't resist.

Here's my newest.

10422504_940099126006380_5191598883949255822_n.jpg

Just bottled this today. First time I made a label to wrap completely around the bottle. I learned the hard way that I should have paid attention and used all of the same type of bottles. When I was testing the label size, I think I was using the bottles that you get at LHBS. I had a few Guinness Black Lager and other bottles that were tapered. It still worked ok but required some extra cutting.

The last couple posts about images and copy rights. I usually don't use images but like to use lots of clip art. I use this website and as far as I can tell the images are supposed to be free to use.

http://www.clker.com

Label.jpg

Bottle.jpg

Really cool work in here, guys.

Here my latest for a Kölsch I made for my gf's birthday. Stamm is the name of our street and it also stands for 'house' (as in house pale ale) in german which is kinda neat.

2vt1nvk.jpg

I don't have the graphic design prowess that some of you guys have, but here's a quick mock up I've done for my home brew. My first beer is still bottle conditioning, so I haven't really settled on a Brewery name yet, but I'm temporarily using 'House of Spain Brewing' as a stand-in (Spain is my surname).

I figured something simple would be both clean and eye-catching as well as easy to alter from a template. Any suggestions are welcome for added (or removed) features of the label.

Double IPA.gif

Here is one of mine. Not that happy with it. I want a way to have a caramel apple on it but make it look like its drawn in pencil. Anyone care to help?? This was all done in inkscape.

Caramel Apple.png

Here is one of mine. Not that happy with it. I want a way to have a caramel apple on it but make it look like its drawn in pencil. Anyone care to help?? This was all done in inkscape.

Google image search apple and download image.

1412728430373.jpg

Apply sketch effect from your phone or computer.

1412728501884.jpg

Not sure if this is what your looking for but it took less than a minute on a galaxy s4. Cheers!

...and this should go without saying, but use copyrighted material at your own risk. Definitely don't try to sell something with other people's intellectual property.

After a two year hiatus, I decided to make a bunch of changes, and The Drunken Viking Brewery (my name for about a year or so) has been dissolved. Swapping some equipment, upgrading others. I am set up, minus a regulator, to start kegging, and I have plans to build a pub room downstairs with a colonial tavern feel. With that being said, this is the label for the first beer to come out of my new brewery. It prints out a lot better than it looks here, with old-timey sepia tones.

SSB_Oatmeal_Stout.jpg

The next 2 of 3 labels. I haven't decided what beer to brew in two weeks (payday). The Riesling Wine/label is for my dad's surprise birthday party in January.

Michaels_Hard_Cider.jpg

Riesling_Birthday_Label_MAIN_.jpg

Here's my first attempt at a label for my house ipa.
I was messing around with a pic of my African violet and it was born. Thinking about doing the same thing with a hop cone. Idk though, this is kind of cool...

1413216931938.jpg

One more before I call it a night. I used a close up of a brown ale grist I brewed last year for the background. Now I just have to brew all these beers!

HarvestBrown1.jpg

My pale ale it's an old label I originally did with one of my first brews the recipe is the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from BYO article done with the brewmaster the Sierra Madre is from the Northern Brewer kit when I did my first brew.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413641551.425421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back