Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest label for my Wet Hop Pale Ale
So_fresh_and_So_Green.jpg

No Sir, I've gone by this name since joining the site.
Your one logo looked similar to another one I saw here, that’s why I asked. Thought maybe you changed your name lol. My bad. Great looking either way!

Trying to channel that old-school British beer label vibe for a couple of historic-recreation-inspired recipes: a porter and a stout each derived from sort of an average, amalgam of Ron Pattinson's late-1800s recipes.

View attachment 782998
View attachment 782999
I am designing a Base design for tap handle/bottle labels that will be heavily inspired by old Truman's labels, and I have a keg of late Victorian inspired porter aging in the basement right now, and will brew a Single Stout inspired by the same era next weekend...

My wife is pregnant with our first child and wanted me to make a beer that could age and be ready when the baby comes. I made an oatmeal stout and named it after the Dr Seuss book “Oh the places you’ll go.” View attachment 807147
as a teacher, I love this! lol Especially since 3rd of the way in the book it pretty much implies "Yeah, Your gunna find delinquents on this street who drink and do drugs, so avoid those guys!" lol

Last edited:
I have one general template I use, to keep it simple. Then I just add in the info for each beer on the side.
I like the idea. When I was in college many moons ago and home brewing was rudimentary my artist neighbor drew up a label when he found that my roommate and I had taken up the craft. We would either sneak mimeograph time and resources or, if feeling rich use the newfangled "Xerox"(tm) machine in the college library. I found a copy a while back:
MerkwurddigesGebrauc.jpg
<edit: Rough translation, Strange Brew. However, the word used for strange has many connotations, not all of them complimentary, grin>

Last edited:
Quick question…picked up some flip top bottles a while back. They have the raised design all around the bottles that a label just won’t stick to.
Wondering if the think tank here has any alternatives to normal labels?Trying to ‘dress up’ my Winter Warmer. Not planning to give them away but would like to make them presentable for Christmas events.

I don’t have any useful advice to pretty them up. I just let the texture show through my labels. But I use copy paper, water based inks and a glue stick. No dropping my beers into an iced cooler unless you want beer roulette.

Quick question…picked up some flip top bottles a while back. They have the raised design all around the bottles that a label just won’t stick to.
Wondering if the think tank here has any alternatives to normal labels?Trying to ‘dress up’ my Winter Warmer. Not planning to give them away but would like to make them presentable for Christmas events.
You could create custom caps (expensive) or small dot labels for the caps (cheap). Or depending on the raised design you can just create smaller labels that don't cover as much area, and you can place them so they don't overlap the raised design. Or you can create tags on a loop of string, kind of like the bottles are wearing a necklace.

You could create custom caps (expensive) or small dot labels for the caps (cheap). Or depending on the raised design you can just create smaller labels that don't cover as much area, and you can place them so they don't overlap the raised design. Or you can create tags on a loop of string, kind of like the bottles are wearing a necklace.
The raised design pretty much covers 80% of the main body of the bottle. My wife has a trophy and award business. In the past I once used ribbons from her stock with 4 inch diameter medals with art inserts. I could move some elements of the label above to fit into a round shape.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back