Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My label. My portrait is on the label :)

aut55.jpg

2gtogzp.png

Nice! And you got the color to show up, that's my biggest problem with craft paper

Nice! And you got the color to show up, that's my biggest problem with craft paper

Yeah, I had to run the printer on the highest-quality setting, and yet it still looks like it's medium-quality. The paper absorbs a lot of ink!

. Looks great, very cool! I like the first one, lol. :mug:

Thanks. I went with the lettering on the second one, and IDK why the paper looks pink in that scan. I scanned it twice & it came out looking like that both times so I had to go with it, but the paper looks more like real-life in the first pic.

Been a while since I did anything experimental with my beers so I've not had a chance to make any Niiralan Riviera labels, but yesterday I filled up a fermenter with an APA made with all Vienna malt and a mix of European and American hops.

25530396472_583c202437_c.jpg

The title is (once again) a sort of pun. The "ViennAPA!" part can be read in Finnish as a response to the first line, i.e. "American Pale Ale? No, it's a Vienna Pale Ale!" Gotta keep the tradition of horrible names with horrible labels. =)

ABV wasn't supposed to go that high, but I ended up with an efficiency of over 80% instead of my normal ~72-73%, so I ran with it. I could always have thinned it down a bit with more water, but that would have diluted the hoppy goodness as well!

This is my basic theme (type/name/specs would run above or underneath). Going to replace it with something less cartoonish soon though.

Mao.jpg

Shouldn't the boat be rotating opposite the direction they are rowing? (Oops... I mean broat...)

I like the textured paper. Kraft paper would look good, too. Not crazy about the outline font...

Back