Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally put a drip tray on mine. Found a cheap one and found a scrap piece of plywood that was the exact size as needed. I will get a proper piece of wood and stain it to look nicer. I mean, I probably won't just leave it like this . . .

WvgySb9l.jpg

I finally put a drip tray on mine. Found a cheap one and found a scrap piece of plywood that was the exact size as needed. I will get a proper piece of wood and stain it to look nicer. I mean, I probably won't just leave it like this . . .

WvgySb9l.jpg
"There is nothing as permanent as a temporary solution". 😝
A quote from somebody famous, I'm sure.

And it looks like somebody stole one of your faucets!

I haven't brewed in almost a year now because I was tired of bottling but I'm also cheap and was waiting for a deal....

I scored this bundle for $125 through OfferUp.

Came with Kegerator, Miller Lite handle, two CO2 tanks, and quite a few extras like spare parts and cleaning supplies.

I do have a few questions though. First, on the Draught Technologies (who seemingly has no website even though it's made in the USA) has a hole in it. From what I can tell every regulator I see online has a hole in a similar place but they don't look as funky as mine. Does it seem alright? Second, there's a tiny gash inside. I figured it doesn't look like it hit anything important, nothing seems to be leaking, and it keeps temperature as I bought it when it was still running, ice cold at 34F. So I ordered some JB-Weld KwikWeld. Can anyone confirm that the location of the gash is benign and I can simply patch it up with this $5 epoxy?

If this is the case, I basically stole this bundle. Truly unreal. I have 2 used kegs on the way from AIH that I got for $45 each I think. Now I just have to order from Spike the closed transfer/carbonation bundle and I'm off to the races.

First brew day in about a year in 2 days once my yeast starter is going... I guess in the downtime I played with, and still play with, sourdough bread. I know a bit more about yeast and I'm switching to all organic beer. It's an early Christmas!

IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0882 2.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

Last edited:
I do have a few questions though. First, on the Draught Technologies (who seemingly has no website even though it's made in the USA) has a hole in it. From what I can tell every regulator I see online has a hole in a similar place but they don't look as funky as mine. Does it seem alright?

This is the vent hole. Looks like yours has some excess paint/powder coat covering a bit of it. You could clean this up a bit using a small knife or drill bit while holding the regulator with the hole facing down.

Second, there's a tiny gash inside. I figured it doesn't look like it hit anything important, nothing seems to be leaking, and it keeps temperature as I bought it when it was still running, ice cold at 34F. So I ordered some JB-Weld KwikWeld. Can anyone confirm that the location of the gash is benign and I can simply patch it up with this $5 epoxy?

This appears to just be the inside plastic body panel. The hole above it is where the condensation from the evaporator in the back drains to. Patching it up shouldn't be a problem.

This is the vent hole. Looks like yours has some excess paint/powder coat covering a bit of it. You could clean this up a bit using a small knife or drill bit while holding the regulator with the hole facing down.

This appears to just be the inside plastic body panel. The hole above it is where the condensation from the evaporator in the back drains to. Patching it up shouldn't be a problem.

Amazing, that's what I gathered from research but wanted to ask for more opinions. Going to patch it up tonight. $125 to both keep me brewing and give me the best possible experience. Doesn't get much better than that. Haven't been this excited in a while. Instead of 50 bottles and still managing to get infections, I can clean a gigantic bottle very well and have carbonated beer in 24 hours. I just have to clean the garage a bit, it''ll stay there so I can share with the neighbors.

Looks great, really clean build. If you want to add a drip tray without spending a lot, check out my plywood and iron pipe support setup. The drip tray was ~$20 online, I'll dig up a link. No screws are used to attach it to the collar, the shanks act as bolts to secure it in place. If I had it to do over, I would have painted the entire plywood piece with chalkboard paint.

20210701_182754.jpg
20200522_174443.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, I have the same model freezer which I intended to convert to keezer before lockdown but then it got snaffled for food. I stole about 20 percent for hops though.
Had to convert this beast instead, takes 8 kegs.
IMG-20210307-WA0007.jpeg
Sadly black nukataps weren't available when I built this, they would have looked great.

The Stout on nitro tap is on the other side.

Looks great, really clean build. If you want to add a drip tray without spending a lot, check out my plywood and iron pipe support setup. The drip tray was ~$20 online, I'll dig up a link. No screws are used to attach it to the collar, the shanks act as bolts to secure it in place. If I had it to do over, I would have painted the entire plywood piece with chalkboard paint.
A drip tray has been on the list to figure out. That looks neat and something I will keep in mind.
Love the all black taps, where did you get those?
Nukatap Stealth Bombers. I think they are technically discontinuing those in favor of the Punisher color combo. Got mine through Keg Factory but anywhere that carries Kegland stuff should have them.

And found the pic where I was seeing how the kegs would fit in there.
20211126_140623.jpg

Haven't been this excited in a while. Instead of 50 bottles and still managing to get infections, I can clean a gigantic bottle very well and have carbonated beer in 24 hours.

While technically you can force carbonate quicker with a high pressure over a shorter time, you still have to get the beer to a cold temp for this to happen, and that requires some time. Then, on a high pressure the keg needs to be rolled or otherwise agitated to speed this process up, and although you have some level of carbonation, Its not necessarily the best beer.
Setting the CO2 to serving pressure, getting the keg cold and leaving it alone for a couple of weeks at least gives the best results. The keg can settle out the fine particulate mater and the beer is carbonated perfectly.
I realize that with your first keg, you're anxious to try it, so knock yourself out, but if good beer on demand is what you want, you got to start thinking "Pipeline"

If you have room for two kegs in the keggerator you need at least three kegs. One serving, one cold conditioning and carbing up, and one full, waiting to go in. You then need your fermenter full, and waiting, so when the keg blows, the second goes on tap, the third goes in the cold and starts conditioning, and the first is filled to free up the fermenter. Now its time to brew. This process works regardless of your capacity. If the keggerator holds four kegs, you need at least five.

With this process, once the pipeline is full and functional, you don't brew any more than you normally would. You just have a lot more beer on hand than 50 bottles.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting you know you are leaving all your old problems (bottling) for a whole set of new ones. Enjoy the journey. Cheers.

While technically you can force carbonate quicker with a high pressure over a shorter time, you still have to get the beer to a cold temp for this to happen, and that requires some time. Then, on a high pressure the keg needs to be rolled or otherwise agitated to speed this process up, and although you have some level of carbonation, Its not necessarily the best beer.[...]

Beer does not have to be "cold" for a fast carbonation scheme to work, nor is shaking required. It is simply a pressure vs temperature problem that can be solved with higher pressure for higher temperatures...

Cheers!

Beer does not have to be "cold" for a fast carbonation scheme to work, nor is shaking required. It is simply a pressure vs temperature problem that can be solved with higher pressure for higher temperatures...

Cheers!
Ok, well nevermind

Boy o Boy, some of these builds are absolutely next level.

I am a new Brewer and new the forum (thanks for having me).

I built my first ever kegerator last week. Here are some pictures!

The batch in this keg is a SMASH West Coast IPA with cascade hops. Its absolutely delicious.

NOTE: I have a 5lb bottle that I will be utilizing to get my second keg in there, don't stress.

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_162805924.jpg
    PXL_20220120_162805924.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20220120_170746201.jpg
    PXL_20220120_170746201.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220120_192723265.jpg
    PXL_20220120_192723265.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220120_192732004.jpg
    PXL_20220120_192732004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220120_192738661.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220120_192738661.PORTRAIT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20220121_141217014.jpg
    PXL_20220121_141217014.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
I've posted my kegerator on here before, but I've now setup a portable version (jockey box I guess) for taking to people's houses. I can fit two of these 5L mini kegs, plus a 5lb co2 tank inside. Just setup the first tap so far.
Will be using it this weekend while bbq'ing out in a field with some buddies.
I also have a mini regulator with the little 16g co2 cartridges. I know those are almost useless for carbing, but I'm hoping those work fine if I am precarbing the beer and just using it to dispense. Not sure I'll use it, but might come in handy if both my 5lb tanks are in use and/or empty.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 5.08.14 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 5.08.14 PM.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 30
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 5.08.24 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 5.08.24 PM.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211026_145425.jpg
    20211026_145425.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
4 keggers in total all working
3 double taps, 1 single
3 at main house basement, 1 at lakehouse barn
All Craigslist scores
1st score was a copper topped vintage kegger for $50 that I upgraded with a scrimshaw carved horn tap handle and added a vintage nautical chart map of our local cape cod bay. Only holds small pony 1/4 kegs or my 2.5 or 3gal cornys for special brews or cider.
2nd score vintage 70s kegger $100 that I tossed on a double tower, gots a goose tap and a ski pole tap from a buddy’s broken pole from our woods adventure last winter, currently empty.
3rd a $25 keezer project with two cornys and picnic taps, pirate themed, the inkbird running it most expensive part!
4th a $25 vintage commercial kegger that looks like a big black safe with 2 front door taps, came from a local brewery that was their house kegger during early times, now living it’s final days in a 1850s lakeside barn, not pictured, but I’ll get on that.
just love tinkering with old classics and giving them another life, I applaud the creativity of some of these keggers on this tread. One day the 4 tap keezer will be a reality….a man has to dream!

Attachments

• 13799158-24B7-4A44-9767-8AAA09106CFB.jpeg
    13799158-24B7-4A44-9767-8AAA09106CFB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Back