Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holds 6 corny kegs. Free fridge found on the side of the road. Building a wooden drip tray and frame. I'll post pics once completed.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hoses are annoying. I went with 7' hoses, and 8 lbs of pressure. Pouring beautifully with a Belgian stout and a red ale.

image.jpg

Last edited:
The TV Bar has gotten lots of comments. Was a vintage 1960's Westinghouse we gutted. Bottom is a carpet remnant from a certain hotel in Atlanta.

I'm building the drip tray and framing. Pallet wood, oak. Bending wood to match curvature of fridge. Too busy brewing, and working, but aging it properly.

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not, but here goes. I'm looking to build a keezer and I'm looking to install a filtered water tap so we can get cold water anytime. There is already plumbing for water where I'm planning on keeping the keezer. My question is what kind of tap would I use? Can I use a normal beer tap or should it be something like the spigot that you would use for a fridge? Thanks

Decommissioned my stand up single tap fridge and finally got this one set up for 3 taps.

Im not quite done with it yet as I do want to get ad drip tray around it as well as setting up the top part of it with a nice tile layout. I did the passive copper cooling tower mod and its been working awesomely. let the good times flow

23PD3BA.jpg

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not, but here goes. I'm looking to build a keezer and I'm looking to install a filtered water tap so we can get cold water anytime. There is already plumbing for water where I'm planning on keeping the keezer. My question is what kind of tap would I use? Can I use a normal beer tap or should it be something like the spigot that you would use for a fridge? Thanks

water pressure should be MUCH higher than beer pressure - you'll probably need to go with something built for 50-80 lbs

I just searched briefly and couldnt find any pressure ratings on perlick/micromtic websites. I feel like it'd be perfectly fine but 'unno.

Decommissioned my stand up single tap fridge and finally got this one set up for 3 taps.

Im not quite done with it yet as I do want to get ad drip tray around it as well as setting up the top part of it with a nice tile layout. I did the passive copper cooling tower mod and its been working awesomely. let the good times flow

23PD3BA.jpg

Nice set up, but I noticed a major defect in the upper left corner of your kegerator.....Bud Light. Thought you ought to know about it, so you could fix it.

Love the top!
Can you give any advice on how you made it? Is it glass? Or just perspex?

Thanks. Its 2 part bar top resin. Google it, you can get it all over. It took 2 gallons to do that. I did it in 2 parts, one coat over the corks to get a flat surface, then put the labels down and did another coat letting it run off the edges.

Menards used to carry it, not sure if they still do, the kit I bought was 2 half gallons that you mix. Took 2 kits.

When you pour it on it takes about 2 hours to set up and during that time you gotta stand there with a dental pick in one hand picking dust and the other hand a propane torch that you wave back and forth over a bubble to raise the bubble out. Its a bit of work, but makes a beautiful rugged top.

Edit: Woop, youre a kiwi, you wont know Menards. Its a home improvement big box store here. You can find the stuff on google, ebay etc.

Thanks. Its 2 part bar top resin. Google it, you can get it all over. It took 2 gallons to do that. I did it in 2 parts, one coat over the corks to get a flat surface, then put the labels down and did another coat letting it run off the edges.

Menards used to carry it, not sure if they still do, the kit I bought was 2 half gallons that you mix. Took 2 kits.

When you pour it on it takes about 2 hours to set up and during that time you gotta stand there with a dental pick in one hand picking dust and the other hand a propane torch that you wave back and forth over a bubble to raise the bubble out. Its a bit of work, but makes a beautiful rugged top.

Edit: Woop, youre a kiwi, you wont know Menards. Its a home improvement big box store here. You can find the stuff on google, ebay etc.

Thats awesome information. thanks for that.
I did have a look at resin, but the cheaper option for the top for me is clear perspex sheet (9mm) I'm just trying to figure out the front. Maybe the resin is a good plan for the front, (Laid down and set of course)

On my old keezer I had a separate tap with a keg just for water. I would filter water to put in the keg and put 30 PSI on the keg. Filtered sparkling water on tap means i drink less beer or at least something other than beer.

At 30 psi I can just use a perlick tap, so it matches with all the beer taps.

Hi everyone, I've been a member for a about 3 years now and read a lot of useful info. However, I have never posted because as a noob I just wanted to learn and didn't think I had any valuable info. Thanks to HBT though I was able to build this beauty....no tap handles(old yeast vials with grain) at the moment as beers are carbing.

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

Built this last year but never got around to posting. Nothing fancy, but works great. Been slowly decorating her with stickers from breweries I've been to and with some bottle labels. We call her "Miss Vivian" from Pretty Woman, because she puts out!

All sanke sixtels, all SS taps, connectors, and 630 Perlicks.

The slingshot I made as a young boy and the hammer was my Grandpa's.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1474830373.880554.jpg

Nice set up, but I noticed a major defect in the upper left corner of your kegerator.....Bud Light. Thought you ought to know about it, so you could fix it.

haha there's a reason it got the boot out of the fridge to make room for the good stuff! ill prob feed that to my less favored visitors :D

Keezer 2.0 nearly finished. I will have 3 6th barrel kegs and 1- 1 gallon keg. I have co2 and nitro inside. 100%stainless contact.

Had this for a year but just removed a box under the taps that was flimsy for a solid piece of wood.

This is exactly what I'm looking to do with mine! How did you set it up so you can slide the freezer out to change out the kegs? Did you keep the lid on?

Back