Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still need to add the collar insulation and the fan, and there's some paint touchup to be done, but since it's currently controlling the temperature of a batch of fermenting beer I'm gonna call my keezer mostly done.

Hn5Oo4Y.jpg

Kw2vUhe.jpg

Does anyone know where those bushings/reducers (tapered metal piece between the tap and the black iron pipe) are from? I would love to use those instead of the black or chrome ones. They look like a solid stainless chunk tapered from 2" to 0.5"

Hard to tell from the pics exactly what those are (have you tried PM'ing the owner of that keezer?), but maybe they're just stainless flanges like these:
https://www.kegworks.com/stainless-steel-flange-for-shank

Here is mine.

Used some Light and Dark grains and some Dried whole hops covered in epoxy for the surface.

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG

What did you use for the light under the taps? I'm looking for a like but I can only find one that are very long. Also looking for ones you can change the color of... Maybe with an app. That would be cool!

Smokenaces. That is soooo cooool! How hard was it to install the taps and hoses inside the pipe? How hard/easy is it to replace the hoses?

It wasn't to hard to install. 3" I.D and it's designed to break apart in sections for maintenance. Of course I haven't disassembled to change lines as I've found that a double sided barb connection works well to pull new lines. I'm looking to replace all lines with stainless tubing that will terminate in the cooler for ease of line changes. I also use the cooler fan to force ventilate cold air into the head to keep cool.

What did you use for the light under the taps? I'm looking for a like but I can only find one that are very long. Also looking for ones you can change the color of... Maybe with an app. That would be cool!

I used this. I also used it for the sides. It changes colors. It actually has an insane amount of colors.
https://amzn.com/B0040FJ27S

Picked up this big guy a few years back in pretty rough shape. Finally took the time to replace the single tower with a double perlick. Also built a new top for it.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Just your standard garage kegerator. Two taps, two kegs with and extra outside co2 connection for carbing/transfers and a tray made from a smoker box with magnets.

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

How did you do the collar? Is that aluminum flashing? It looks great!

Thanks! It's a sheet of stainless glued to the standard wood collar. I actually bought the keezer from another guy when he was exiting the hobby. His son was a machinist and made the collar for him. It's very nice, the holes were drilled perfectly, the bend in the stainless are perfect, the guy knew what he was doing. The keezer was originally white, we sanded it down, put a few coats of appliance black gloss paint on it, chalkboard paint on the top, and refurbed it. it's been working great. Was a good deal, he included everything including the Perlicks, CO2 tank, everything to make a keezer work. Couldn't be happier with it.

My only addition to it was the magnetic drip tray. It has 4 of those 2" 50+lb pull magnets from harbor freight. It can hold 2 full glass pints of beer without budging. :mug:

I built a box around a Sears kegerator and an old commercial refrigerator. It's clad in knotty pine to match the adjoining bar. It's not attached and is on castors so I can move it. I have two taps, one for a commercial keg and a second for a home-brew corny keg. Right now it's holding a 1/4 barrel of Spotted Cow and a corny of Belgium Wit. A PVC pipe through the top of the Sears box extends up into the tap with a bit of insulation foam, the thin stuff. There's also a smaller PVC pipe that extends to the top from the bottom of the unit where a 12V fan pumps cold air up to the top of the tap to keep the hoses cold. The regulators and CO2 tank sit between the two units and can be access through the removable panel behind the bar. The regulator panel is mounted on drawer glides to pull out for easier access. The CO2 lines are pressed through holes I drilled in the side of the Sears unit. All the coils are on the back so I had no issues with drilling. Threaded brass knobs from Rockler.com secure the removal grate through t-nuts mounted on the frame. The grill was from Lowes. I wanted an old-fashion look to match the decor of the man cave. The finish is a mix of 50%/50% clear and amber shellac. It best matches the color of the original not pine that has colored up over the years. Shellac is a PITA to work with, especially with the amber because you can't mess with to once it starts to dry, which is within a few minutes, or it leaves brush strokes or spotty coloring where the shellac is twice as thick (it's twice as dark). I recommend practicing on scrap wood before you apply to your finished product. BTW, The Schlitz glass holder I found on eBay several years back.

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

It is a handrail and handrail hardware. The key for sturdiness is to use bigger screws then what come in the package. I think they're just one size bigger. I opened the package at the hardware store and selected the thickest that would fit, and maybe 1 3/4" long. Then make sure you screw them in where there's support from the frame. The bottom is a 2x6 on edge with a double 2x4 frame inside: one horizontal and one stacked on top vertically so the total hight of the inside frame is 6", matching the 2x6 height. This means the frame thickness where the screws go in is 3 1/2". This does two things. One, I was able to screw in gliding foot pads so it's easy to move. Two it adds a lot of weight to the bottom so the bar isn't so top heavy.

Oh, I almost forgot. There's a 6" pine base board on all three sides that dresses up the bottom edge. The handrail screws go through that first before hitting the 2-by framing

I had a lot of fun building my keezer, but I have had more fun pouring a cold fresh homebrew whenever I am in the mood! 😜🍻

image.jpg

Long overdue, but figured it was about time to throw ours on here. Took a lot of inspiration from all the other builds we saw here (Thank you all!!) and need to pay it forward! Built it almost 2 years ago and only tweaked it once (added some shelving with PVC supports on the bottom to boost the height/get airflow below of 3 of the kegs), though at some point we really need to get a blower in there to get the taps cooled down better. Capacity for 3 on tap plus another 2 carbin’ up or just chillin’ out waiting for a brother/sister to kick.

img_3665a-67390.jpg

img_3666a-67391.jpg

img_3673a-67393.jpg

We also built in storage below the taps for the 20lb. CO2 tank and other miscellaneous items and tools.

img_3667a-67392.jpg

Cheers!

Long overdue, but figured it was about time to throw ours on here. Took a lot of inspiration from all the other builds we saw here (Thank you all!!) and need to pay it forward! Built it almost 2 years ago and only tweaked it once (added some shelving with PVC supports on the bottom to boost the height/get airflow below of 3 of the kegs), though at some point we really need to get a blower in there to get the taps cooled down better. Capacity for 3 on tap plus another 2 carbin’ up or just chillin’ out waiting for a brother/sister to kick.

View attachment 361831

View attachment 361832

View attachment 361834

We also built in storage below the taps for the 20lb. CO2 tank and other miscellaneous items and tools.

View attachment 361833

Cheers!

Yeah buddy!

Back