Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got new tap handles ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399041314.829715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have yeast vial tap handles. I soaked them in oxiclean overnight and found the labels floating on the surface in the morning. I removed the rest of the glue with a cottonball and goo-be-gone.

Threw in a temp controller and ripped out the original thermostat assembly about an hour ago. Testing it out right now. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399256638.927749.jpg

I have yeast vial tap handles. I soaked them in oxiclean overnight and found the labels floating on the surface in the morning. I removed the rest of the glue with a cottonball and goo-be-gone.

Soaked them all afternoon in (originally hot) strong PBW solution. (Sorry, fresh out of OxyClean). It loosened the outer portions of the labels. Will see what they look like after an overnight soak.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399455376.005611.jpg
I didn't like the look of the freezer top so I threw that curtain on there.
And I need to make a drip tray. The stainless ones are super nice, but this is a budget build.

Thanks!

Soaked them all afternoon in (originally hot) strong PBW solution. (Sorry, fresh out of OxyClean). It loosened the outer portions of the labels. Will see what they look like after an overnight soak.

:off: The easiest way I have found is peel off as much of the paper-ish label as you can. Spray the vial with WD-40, let sit for a moment or two, then wipe off with an old rag. The WD-40 dissolves the glue and it comes right off.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

lmpec - is that paint or a vinyl sticker on the front? Either way it is very cool. Well done.

The easiest way I have found is peel off as much of the paper-ish label as you can. Spray the vial with WD-40, let sit for a moment or two, then wipe off with an old rag. The WD-40 dissolves the glue and it comes right off.

After fussing with it a while that's what I found to work also. Thanks.

:off:

Doed, it's a vinyl sticker, unfortunately. Doesn't look as cool as I imagined, but anyway...

Wow, that is a work of art! Now if you get some of Neil Peart's drumsticks and put on the handle, that would launch this in to the epic stratosphere!

If only I could get a pair of those... But they are just to thin. :)

So clean. Where did you get your vinyl done?
Was it expensive?
Also, where did you get your CO2 tank mounts? I couldnt find anything decent. Currently using 5" duct mounts. My buddys welding up so better ones for me currently

So clean. Where did you get your vinyl done?
Was it expensive?
Also, where did you get your CO2 tank mounts? I couldnt find anything decent. Currently using 5" duct mounts. My buddys welding up so better ones for me currently

Actually, I live in Brazil, so everything was made from scratch, because we don't have specialized shops around here. I was able to bought only the keg, co2 tank, shank and faucet. I told it was a very long year... :) The refrigerator belonged to my grandmother, who died in 2011. She loved a good beer (german and polish heritage), so it's kind of homenage. I did all the repair work and painting in my free time, which is not so much. A buddy of mine, who works in advertising, helped with the design of the vinyl sticker, which was printed in a local company. It was not expensive at all (about R$ 200,00, or US$ 90,00). The design of the co2 tank mount was made ​​by myself, and then my uncle, who owns a welding shop, executed him. Took a long time to put it all together ...

Just finished mine this week. Used barn wood from my grandparents barn. I have two fans inside the tower, one blowing up and one blowing down, works perfectly.
196957d1399033295-show-us-your-kegerator-1399033294182.jpg

That is a thing of beauty -- simple yet full of character. What did you use for the horizontal surface?
I admit to a modicum of jealousy that you have free access to a source of barnwood.
My dad's giving up an old chest freezer he doesn't have room for anymore; I'm attempting to rustle up some old barnwood for the collar (or more, depending on what I can get my grubby mitts on) while I stockpile the rest of the gear the project requires.

After one year of hard work, here it is:
DSC_0538.jpg

Holy damn.
Managed to catch the VT tour around Buffalo years ago. I'm guessing Dog Years is your site?

went from this
IMG_20131013_212341_724_zps9eefaf27.jpg

to this
0430141956a_zpsjhzmkbg1.jpg

only had two on tap at any given time anyways. But! good to note, my old keezer is now in the shed acting as a fermentation chamber... so now i can ferment 10 gallons at a time (back to back brewday or 10 gallon batches) so all is right with the world.

damn links.

0430141955a_zpsiesbploz.jpg

I stopped by keystone last night and ended up buying a tap setup for my converted magic chef. And here it is!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399730732.327477.jpg

IMG_4277_zpsfa6e730f.jpg
[/IMG]

Pliney the Elder Clone on tap (first kegged beer, second brew) Two more taps in the works.

Using the freezer for hop storage and chilling beer glasses.

Back