Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of freezer did you use for your keezer?(size/brand) It's exactly what I'm looking for.

n585257201_558699_1837.jpg

n585257201_558701_2424.jpg

Finally! No more bottling!

Sanyo Kegerator BC-1206-2 Dual Faucet Full Size Keg Beer Cooler with Perlick Faucets

It can fit 3 cornies if one of them is a single handle, or you have a comercial slim keg since it is short enough to be pushed all the way to the back.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Close up of the Fullers tap and the Vintage Miller High Life tap...

IMG_0149.jpg

and finally, since I didn't have a second homebrew ready for the weekend, I got a keg of Sierra Nevada pale ale. OMG, so good!

IMG_0156.jpg

Where is my tax return already?!?!?!?!
This thread has had me drooling, I am sick of bottling every week, kegging is defiinately what I am spending the tax cash on!

I am envious of all of you, and very impressed with your creativity and ingenuity.

Heres my setup...took an older fridge that came with the home I bought last year and modded it a bit.

I had SN Pale Ale on tap this round as you can see lol...

SierraNevadaPaleAle001.jpg

SierraNevadaPaleAle002.jpg

Here is a picture of mine. 14.x cubic foot freezer. These were some older pics from our last house... don't know why they are grainy looking... guess I need to take some more. The sad part is where it is located now (in our new house) looks just like this picture with the exception of a different color paint on the wall. Kind of funny.

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

experiment626 said:
2315242577_6e73ed707d.jpg

Not the coolest, just a Danby, but Gotta love the .50 Cal Tap Handle!

where did you get that tap handle!! i have been running this threw my head on how to make one, but the insert that you buy i figured was to big for the primer on the .50 cal!! did you just bore it out and screw it in or did you purchase this?

Gotta love a free fridge!

It can hold at least 3 cornies, or 2 cornies and a carbouy. The 3rd gas hose is for force carbing.

2001859267291110831_rs.jpg

2001829497199061755_rs.jpg

2001809878017923689_rs.jpg

[

I had my heart set on making something custom, like a sweet keezer out of my small chest freezer that I wasn't using, but while looking for parts, I found the Avanti Kegerator on CL for $225 and managed to talk him down to $150. I upgraded to a dual pressure regulator that I found on ebay for $40 (I might get close to that for the original). I think I can fit two more cornies in there easy, buy I'm not sure if a want to stick with the tower setup.

Finally received my tower and built it last night.

I received the tap handles from taphandles.com and I was pretty happy with the quality.

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

keg4taps.jpg

Newly built 4 tap top thanks to the fellow on this board. I am waiting for my new girlie tap handles to finish this thing off. :)

Here's mine. Best part is the fridge on top, easily holds 6 kegs. Painted it with Chalkboard paint. Perlicks and Tap handles courtesy of my mom and wife.

2360229046_cc1b9abe2a.jpg

Gas bar, there is also Beergas for the stout faucet.
2360229752_42fea292d6.jpg

Plenty of room.
2360230102_8eb6aec3f1.jpg

Inside, replaced the inner door with shower board type stuff.
2359394107_f8da5be11e.jpg

I've been very happy with it.

hey Cyburai, what is the length of your shanks, i am doing a fulll size fridge and planning on replacing the inner shelfing with a board like you did, I think the kit I am getting has 4 inch shanks

BlindLemonLars said:
I never thought I'd say this to a man, but COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!! ;)

That kegerator is too nice to hide away!

Thanks. I consider myself lucky that it is even in the house. It took quite a bit of time, and some pyschological trickery to convince the swmbo that it would be a good idea to build it.

When I move from my apartment into a house, it will definitely be freed from the closet.

I can't believe I never posted mine! Ah, well, here 'tis, better late than never:

2961-BeerTower.jpg

A newer pic with different taps and a sign above it and a REALLY cool sticker on it::D

IMG_0770.JPG

I didn't even know these things existed until I saw all your pics on here a couple monts ago. Thanks Biermuncher for the tips (I ended up with a different model than yours) and thanks to everyone who figured this sh*t out.

By the way, the beers in the pics are all partial mashes, L to R: Sterling Blonde (pseudo rip-off of BM Centennial), Red Ration Ale, Wheat's Up Dude, and Sons of Dublin Stout.

[IMG="[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/HailAle/Kegerator1.jpg[/IMG]"]

[IMG="[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/HailAle/Kegerator2.jpg[/IMG]"]

[IMG="[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/HailAle/Kegerator3.jpg[/IMG]"]

[IMG="[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/HailAle/Kegerator4.jpg[/IMG]"]

"I dig the chalkboard paint! How well does it work?"

Works great if you apply it properly on a smooth surface. Here's my kegerator...can't wait to get some actual homebrew flowing out of it!

kegerator2-5-08.jpg

Complete with a home made tower blower
IMG_0763-1.jpg

And wireless temp monitoring from the kitchen since the kegerator is in the basement
IMG_0766-1.jpg

Here is mine... room for (4) kegs, currently (2) taps... before the end of this year there will be (4).

Kegerator.jpg

Craigslist buy... previous owner ran it into a concrete step with the front bumper of their car. BUT, it was only a year old, 7CU feet for $100....

Back