Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see how you attached everything to the lid. That was a complicated part off my build. Also, what kind of wood did you use? Is that a cherry stain? I like the contrast of the black frezeer with the red wood. IF i ever redo mine, i think i will leave the beare part of the keezer exposed and just trim it with wood, similar to what you did.

Thanks :) I am working on a build thread! First I am going to upgrade my membership so I can post the photos directly to HBT... Are there any specific areas you are most interested in?

Props on the Gator-ator... Well done! Though it would have been better done up in purple and gold with Mike the Fighting Tiger on it.

I have started a kegerator building company on the side and this is my first one. (mine of course) The artwork is hand painted! more pics at www.nckeg.com

DSC01042.jpg

I finished my kegerator! Just in time too. I returned from a deployment a couple of weeks ago and immediately started brewing batches of beer. I made several recipes that I found on this site. BM's Centennial Blonde, Edwort's Haus Pale Ale, Edwort's Hefeweizen and Edwort's Apfelwein. The Blonde and the Pale Ale were ready to keg today as I finished up the kegerator. I bought the 4 tap system from Keg Cowboy and upgraded the taps to Perlick 425's. They're pretty sweet. I found the fridge on Craigslist for $25. It works great. It was just ugly as hell when I got it. It was a beige color and had old, wood style handles on it. I painted it with chalkboard paint and removed the old handles. I found the pictured handles at Lowe's for about $4 each. I removed the shelves on the inside of the main door and replaced it with a piece of corrugated plastic. I beefed up the area where I drilled the tap holes with a piece of 2x4. It fit perfectly. So, I currently have 10 gallons of beer carbonating in the kegs right now. These are also my first all grain beers. I'll probably get a bigger fridge eventually. I'll be moving down to the lower 48 next year. I'm not decided on whether or not I'll take this fridge or not. We'll see how it works out.

DSC01702.jpg

I finished my kegerator! Just in time too. I returned from a deployment a couple of weeks ago and immediately started brewing batches of beer. I made several recipes that I found on this site. BM's Centennial Blonde, Edwort's Haus Pale Ale, Edwort's Hefeweizen and Edwort's Apfelwein. The Blonde and the Pale Ale were ready to keg today as I finished up the kegerator. I bought the 4 tap system from Keg Cowboy and upgraded the taps to Perlick 425's. They're pretty sweet. I found the fridge on Craigslist for $25. It works great. It was just ugly as hell when I got it. It was a beige color and had old, wood style handles on it. I painted it with chalkboard paint and removed the old handles. I found the pictured handles at Lowe's for about $4 each. I removed the shelves on the inside of the main door and replaced it with a piece of corrugated plastic. I beefed up the area where I drilled the tap holes with a piece of 2x4. It fit perfectly. So, I currently have 10 gallons of beer carbonating in the kegs right now. These are also my first all grain beers. I'll probably get a bigger fridge eventually. I'll be moving down to the lower 48 next year. I'm not decided on whether or not I'll take this fridge or not. We'll see how it works out.

DSC01702.jpg

nice!!

DSC01702.jpg

I have that same Sawzall. :ban:

P1050321.jpg

P1050320.jpg

And just put these tap handles on a couple weeks ago. White Sox mini bat and Stanley Cup Blackhawks puck. I love em.

P1050747.jpg

Whoa, how did you get that finish on the wood for your collar? I like it a lot... looks like our TV cabinet. Is that stain or paint? Looks excellent, really nice job!

Whoa, how did you get that finish on the wood for your collar? I like it a lot... looks like our TV cabinet. Is that stain or paint? Looks excellent, really nice job!

its Ebony Stain or similar, lightly brushed on one or maybe two coats. no varnish applied.

I got a couple of IKEA tables they were unfinished and did the same thing. I added some darker spots here and there though.

you want to start out with a really light wood though.

-=Jason=-

This is my work in progress. It's a 15cu ft I picked up off craigslist. Waiting on the secondaries / hoses etc to finish the inside. Pretty damn excited, this is my first attempt at taking on a project and building it on my own. A little out of my element but it has been a blast so far :ban:

2011-01-27%2012.12.53.jpg

2011-01-27%2012.11.24.jpg

Still not quite sure what to do about that lid handle. But I love it anyway :D

Yeah its just black stain on birch plywood, I used a rag to put it on, I didn't wipe it off. I started with plywood because I didn't want heavy 2x6s. But since I didn't want wood on white I tried this. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Do it XXXXX, it was mostly easy, the puck took like 30 seconds. The mini bat was a bit tough cause the wood was really hard.

The link works now, flickrs instructions suck. This is what I do. Go to the all sizes page and right click the image, then copy the image address and post it over hear like this. My new chest freezer, maybe for fermenting or keezer haven't decided yet.

5361810769_b60a5de55f_z.jpg

The link works now, flickrs instructions suck. This is what I do. Go to the all sizes page and right click the image, then copy the image address and post it over hear like this. My new chest freezer, maybe for fermenting or keezer haven't decided yet.

[/quote]
What freezer is that? looks a lot like my Holiday 7.0.

IMAG0103.jpg

I'm looking for an idea to install a chain/bungie/sinch system In the back strung between the sides to put a keg or 2 up on the hump. The hump is not wide enough to just sit them there but if they had a retaining strap I can prob fit 5 kegs in here rather than just 3.

I thought about eye bolts or mollys with a eye bolt but am scared to drill into the sides into that plastic. Any ideas on creating a mounting point to install such a retention device?

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

What Boxorain said, most people with uprights just build a plywood shelf in the bottom that sits even with the top of the hump. Sort through the first few pages of this thread and you will find pictures.

nah because I want to keep the shelves for hops and yeast and such as it's dark. i think i figured it out though. Gonna use holes drilled virtically through the shelf support fins to hang the retaining chain on

Back