Show us your electric brewing rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume a BIAB setup and if so where do you have your temperature probe? Just below the bag? I have mine in the middle sticking into the bag and keep ripping holes. Thinking about doing two, one at the top of the return on the recirculating pump at the lid for mashing and one down below the bag or in my case the false bottom for boiling/whirlpooling.

It is set right above the boilcoil. I use a steamer basket that I line with the bag. So it sits right above the probe and prevents the bag from catching it.

3 vessel rims

Built the whole thing from scratch, but stole many ideas from this forum
IMG_20190430_120154136.jpeg

That's fantastic, I will be doing this for mine. She is coming along, a couple weeks and I should have a fully operational panel.

Cheers!

Did this with mine as well... mainly because i wanted to pivot the mount around/flat for storage. IMO, big win for this kind of setup where you wheel it around. Just make sure you get one that can handle the extra weight, smaller one may droop or slowly swing away. I pivot mine back against the stand and cover it with a trash bag for storage.

I ended up using this one with my newer electric panel:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SFSU53G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And in the past I used this one which couldn't hold the weight:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WYVBR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thought I’d post my setup since I used it for the first time in 8 months after I pieced it together. Have to say I’ve read so much on venting and TBH I don’t need it. The window is plenty when I open it and I have no issues with condensation on the sealing

Finally! My dream returning to indoor brewing has come true. Cheers!

IMG_5484.JPG

Thought I’d post my setup since I used it for the first time in 8 months after I pieced it together. Have to say I’ve read so much on venting and TBH I don’t need it. The window is plenty when I open it and I have no issues with condensation on the sealing

Finally! My dream returning to indoor brewing has come true. Cheers!

View attachment 627732

Mind noting the make/model (or link) of your table? I've seen some on amazon but none are good about giving their weight capacity and I wanna be sure I don't get a cheap one and end up having to swap it. Yours looks good

Mind noting the make/model (or link) of your table? I've seen some on amazon but none are good about giving their weight capacity and I wanna be sure I don't get a cheap one and end up having to swap it. Yours looks good

I went with this one. https://www.webstaurantstore.com/re...galvanized-legs-and-undershelf/600T1860G.html

I chose the 18” for space saving and my 15gal pots fit perfectly. I wanted any liquid to drip on the floor/towel/bucket rather than run underneath the pots. I also cut 4” off the legs for ergonomics and better stability. The table came with a few dents and they gave me a discount.

If you have 20 gal pots I would get the 24” table

Mine's not too fancy, but it works well and makes for a stress free brew day now that I've moved from an induction burner to an electric kettle and programable controller.
Ebiab- 10gal 240v Blichmann kettle w/boil coil and whirlpool. 240v Brew Commander, and Riptide pump.
20191101_165938.jpg
20191108_122426.jpg
20191108_120330.jpg

Why suck long hose runs?
I just brewed on Wednesday and had similarly long runs, but it was a temporary thing for me

I wasn't sure at first where I'd position the pump, and so I just cut my 8 ft section of hose in half. I could trim the pump inflow side a bit but I need the outflow that length to pump into the fermenter. I've gotten used to having the longer hose runs now.

Back