Show off your labels !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't come up with a cool label yet...just basic info on what each is. Something I need to brainstorm [emoji111]

As you can see from my avatar I've settled on my family coat of arms on the left side of a postage label and a description on the right. Best thing is these labels come off so easy!

As you can see from my avatar I've settled on my family coat of arms on the left side of a postage label and a description on the right. Best thing is these labels come off so easy!
What kinda label stock are ya using?

Ginger Cyser.jpg
ginger cyser

Love it! Did you use paper or label stock?
Paper and glue stick... not exactly sturdy. I just wanted to get a quick label to use at our family Thanksgiving and worked in a program to get a pencil drawing of a photo, then I messed with the eye color, printed on regular paper, cut and glued.

Paper and glue stick... not exactly sturdy. I just wanted to get a quick label to use at our family Thanksgiving and worked in a program to get a pencil drawing of a photo, then I messed with the eye color, printed on regular paper, cut and glued.
...and what's ur Gin Gin Ginger recipe?

[emoji3] [emoji3]

...and what's ur Gin Gin Ginger recipe?

[emoji3] [emoji3]

Essentially I made a base apple cider then did the following:

11/3: simmered ~ ½ c shaved ginger in 2 cup water + ½ cup apple juice concentrate until reduced to about half of the liquid. Refrigerated

11/4: Tested ginger concentrate in 100 ml cider (used cider from gravity reading). Added 1ml increments (ie:1% )… 6ml (6% ) tasted good… mild ginger kick. Translates to adding 7.68 oz per gallon (128oz x 6%)… approx 1 cup.

11/5: Filled out (2) 1 gallon jugs from primary leaving approx 1 cup space. Added 1 cup ginger solution to each gallon jug. Tasted a bit too mild. Added approx 4-5 candied ginger to each gallon (flash boiled them in ¼ cup water to sanitized… took out most of the sugar coating). Inserted air-lock w/ vodka and set in dining room.

11/11: set in refrigerator to cold crash

11/13: Racked to keg. Added rounded 1/2t Potassium Sorbate.

11/15: Took keg to friend to carbonate.

11/19: Bottled

Generally I bottle carb but wanted for Thanksgiving so forced carbed this batch to make sure it was ready...

Last edited:
any image software can do a label if you set the "canvas" size to match the label size. windows paint, photoshop etc. you just have to get the image you want on the system, then drop it on the work space add text, etc. and print.

This was a label I made for a friend of mine who's Bday is this week. He loves everything heady topper. He recently revealed to me how in love he is with lavender in coffee as well. I made him a Lavender IPA and his own label. A spin on focal banger. I took an old picture I had of him and intigrated into the style of the Alchemist label. I'm sure he is going to get a kick out of this one. I also made him a beer caddy and lasered in the label with some lavender as well.
20190728_222624.jpeg

Back