Show off your brewing setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Just wondering if you are using that hoprocket for hopping or filtering? I have the same setup ie. hoprocket to therminator. I've been considering using the hoprocket as an inline filter instead of having bazooka filters in the boiler. Cheers

Hi Bairdo - apologies for a late reply, just saw your message.

I use it for both - filtering and hopping.

If you don't want additional hop aroma, you can actually fill it with rice hulls just for filtration (need to wash them thoroughly first though).

My modest 10 gallon Bayou Classic brew kettle setup, use this as my MT/BK, another couple of 5 gallon stainless pots for HLT's. I do everything in my kitchen on the electric range!

Mine with updates. Transferring strike water while brewing last weekend...

IMG_1498.JPG

Ok fine. I've never posted mine on here before and this thread as motivated me, finally.

Below is an old pic with my purpose-built Glacier Tanks TriClamp boil kettle on the right, insulated double-walled stainless mashtun in the middle (perforated stainless FB with TC bottom drain; designed and made by myself with some help from a welder), and a converted 20 gallon stainless crab pot on the left for the HLT.

Electric control panel is my own making from a PJ diagram.

I've since moved and made lots of upgrades and changes and this post will simply motivate me to get some more up-to-date photos posted here later.
1374377_10152035263181929_1608983556_n.jpg

2 Chuggers on the bottom shelf, too.

Adam

It's not fancy but it works ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410841826.484519.jpg

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

1st all grain (second really) on my simple set up. Tasted good so far gonna keg it friday (pumpking spice ale for my ladys workmates)

1410890145854.jpg

Still working on it but it's cranking out beer monthly. Next up is to add switches for pumps, add spider screen, ditch the therminator for a coil and eventually add the Tower of Power.

Need to develop a more elegant vent hood but it's finally alive at the new house :rockin:
imag0637-63788.jpg

There is something about your whole set up that is just so satisfying.

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Thanks but I still feel I have a ways to go. Mostly minor tweaking and better placement for things. The most satisfying part is the DIY and the beer at the end :mug:

Back