Shout out to Aqua Pennsylvania (local water dept helps)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpoder

Reaction score
So I decided this is the year to learn about how my water affects my beer. I know it is important, but have focused on a lot of other factors in my beer production, but cannot ignore the water anymore. SO...I went online to my local water dept site (Aqua Pennsylvania...a subsidiary of Aqua America), and downloaded the "water analysis" pdf. It didn't contain any of the info needed, just the aspects that allow them to certify the water as safe to drink. anyway, I decide to call them to see if they have a more detailed report. The woman who answered the phone was very nice and said she would forward my request "to the lab". I thought I would never hear back, but about two hours later I got a call from another woman who is the Supervisor of Technical Services. I explained what I was looking for, and she said, "no problem. I'll pull the latest report and mail it to you". That was about 3 weeks ago, and I hadn't received anything (I'd almost written it off)...until today. I received a very nice letter in the mail, and a fancy water analysis report. I noticed that the "sample collection date" on the report is a day or two after I called! So I'm thinking they went and had a sample tested just for me! I can't believe it, but am very happy. Now comes the hard part...making sense of it in relation to my beer brewing. Thanks to everyone here who has added to the collective wisdom of water analysis and adjustment...I'm wading through the stickies and posts now...

Similar story, I called Aqua Maine and they transferred me to the Lab guy and a few days later he emailed me the info I was looking for. I dropped off a bottle of beer for him a few days later:mug:

Back