Should my brew look like this???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireRescueFL

Reaction score
Getting ready to rack into the secondary and was wondering if this is what it's supposed to look like after 10 days. What do you think??? How can I keep that out of the secondary?

Thanks in advance,
---Chris

image-1002743311.jpg

Let me help you save some time and energy while producing a better beer...don't rack to secondary. Save that for when you start brewing lambics, fruit beers, or things you are going to bulk age for months on end. Let that beer sit on the yeast for a month before bottling so the yeast can clean up the beer for you. If you secondary you take away the bulk of the yeast and then you will never be able to clear off flavors.

Those are yeast rafts. No beer is every totally clear on the surface. They all have bits of yeast floating on the surface. Some are the remains of krausen that hasn't fallen and the rest are little bits of yeast buoyed up to the surface by co2....either way it's fine.

:mug:

This looks serious....you should bottle it up and send it to me for proper data analysis ...lol

Looks like BEER !!!!

if you really need to rack it , just siphon around it

Thanks for the replies guys. I already racked it because I needed the primary for a new batch but I will definitely keep all your insight for future reference! Fast replies and good info keep me coming back here!

Cheers!
---Chris

Perfectly normal. I know that most here will tell you not to use a secondary, but I do and an auto siphon will help you keep that stuff out.

Back