should i start, or should i wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkm11b

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Ive been lurking here for a while, and appreciate all the good info I've acquired so far. I have a starting kit en-route to my barracks soon. I should have it all done by the end of the weekend, but right after that, I'm going out to the field for a two week block of training. The average temperature for my barracks room is about 80 degrees, maybe a few degrees less, at most. If I put my fermenter in my bathtub with a bunch of ice, a wet t-shirt covering it, and a fan, will it be sufficient for the time I'm gone (two weeks), or should i just wait till i am done with my training (all of may pretty much, but i will have a 3 day weekend to either secondary ferment, or bottle). Any, and all help is appreciated, thanks again.

That could work. But with that you would have to change ice at least once a day... if those are the temps youre working with. Id say go with a saison and let it rip so you dont chance fermenting too hot and ruining your batch

that is sound advice....but i have a citra pale ale kit showing up here,lol. is it a matter of just changing out the yeast (us-05 is whats in the kit), or is it a completely new batch of ingredients? sorry about not putting up my beer style before.

Back