Should I snatch up this deal??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get into kegging for awhile now. I already have a full size fridge in the basement ready for the job.

My LHBS owner has set aside some used equipment and is giving me 2 weeks to decide if I want it before he puts it out on the regular sales floor for $50 more than he's asking from me.

I would get a 5# CO2 tank that was just inspected and filled, a dual gauge regulator, a pin lock cornie that was just pressure tested, and all of the lines and a picnic tap for $118. This sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

For $118 I would have everything I need to keg the 5 gallons of Special Bitter that is almost done.:D It's exciting to think I could have kegged beer in my basement within a week.

Is this a pretty good deal??

If a business is going to hold something for you, you must know them or friends with someone there. Buy it and keep buying from them. That's a pretty good offer for a store to do. It'll build great relationships.

That is a really good offer for a store. The cheapest I have seen online is 150.00 for the same set up. And that is not with shipping.

Not a bad deal, but check and see if he has more pin-lock kegs available later on! You're going to want more than one, and they are a little harder to find than ball-lock kegs. Sometimes you can find them (I think kegconnection.com has them), but a local suppler is awesome!

Just guessing here but...

reg 50
tank 50
gas 12
cornie 25
connectors 12
tubing 5
pic tap 5

Total 159

Yea, unless you can score a deal below market somewhere else, it is a pretty decent deal.

Latest posts

Back