Should i mess around with my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devantf

Reaction score
Here is the concern i have with my first batch. I rehydrated my yeast in water that might have been too hot ~105-107

Alright here is the information about the batch:
Danstar Nottingham Ale Yeast (re-hydrated)
Golden light dry malt Extract 1lb
Pilsen malt syrup (liquid) 6lb
1oz. kent goldings 60min
1oz. kent goldings 10min
OG=1053

little to no bubbing happened until 72 hours after pitching the wort (most likely didnt aerate the wort enough)
Took a specific gravity after 48 hours because i was concerned that my yeast were all dead/weak (got same #'s as my OG)
now i have a constant bubble around every 30 sec... I have another shippment of ingredients for my next batch on its way now. So my question is: Should I add the extra packet of Safale (S04 whitbread) dehydrated yeast I purchased to this batch?? Or am i paranoid and just let it sit and see what happens???

Thanks - so glad to have found this very useful forum!

No. All the saliva involved in tongue kissing will likely result in a lactobacillus infection.

Ok, ok, in all seriousness...RDWHAHB. It'll be fine. It's fermenting now.

RDWHAHB! :D

You're doing fine. Nottingham is a pretty hardy yeast. I'm sure you'll love the beer!
You would want to pitch your next batch with the yeast at room temp and the wort below 80F. This batch will turn out great I'm sure.
:mug:

Thanks for the reassurance. not sure what this(RDWHAHB) stands for but i appreciate the help/advise.
Cant wait to transfer this batch and cook up my next!!

Thanks for the reassurance. not sure what this(RDWHAHB) stands for but i appreciate the help/advise.
Cant wait to transfer this batch and cook up my next!!

Oh no...here it comes!

Also, you shouldn't "mess around with your beer" unless it is of proper drinking age. There are a lot dirty old men here who like them young.

Well if you want i can come over and mess with your brew... but you gotta cover the plane ticket....

Anyhow you answered your own question
it is "your brew" do what you want.. worst that can happen is u stuff it up and have to make another....

Robotic Devices Will Have Assaulted Her Bottom

And, I can't believe nobody has suggested he buys a spare sachet of yeast or two to have on hand in case of emergency! That's pretty much standard practice, right?

Latest posts

Back