Should I be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robm184

Reaction score
So Alittle back ground I only have been brewing a year or so but have assisted in brewing for a couple of years so I am sort of still fresh but have enough experience I think.

So I brewed a few beers two days ago two things happened, my hydrometer and thermometer broke while I was gathering my stuff from the basement.... Not a huge deal I just wont know OG and I had a digital Thermometer which is ok I just dont like to use it.

Heres my real problem other than that I went through normal procedures and I pitched both my beers @68-70

The first one took off just fine huge krausen on the top activity is rapid.... (Noble Trappist Ale from MW)
the second just nothing the yeast look like it just feel out with no krausen it seems like no activity (Its Dark Hefe) I know I should just leave it but Its been a full 48 hours and nothing should I repitch more yeast? or just leave and to add matters worse I am leaving for 3 weeks so I have to decide soon.

Both extract brews LME and liquid Yeast Wyeast 3787, and Wyeast 3638 both of them kept out 3 hours room temp under 6 months swelled nicely....

I would get some more yeast just in case. If the beer hasn't started in another day or so and you have to leave, pitch more. Sometimes it can take a while for the yeast to get going though.

Back