Short Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWS1

Reaction score
Hey guys I put a batch of Smoked Porter in the Fermenter and it started vigorously bubbling in less than twenty four hours. I checked it again this morning twenty four hours later and no bubbling. Do I have a problem? I could smell the odor of alcohol around the lid.Maybe my bucket isn't airtight?

You're fine. Bubbling does not indicate fermentation. Odds are that it's just not quite as vigorous as it was (normal). It is also possible that the lid is not airtight, but again nothing to be concerned about. Just let it set and the yeast will do its job!

Thanks so much it's only my second batch and I'm still in the worry wart stage.

what yeast did you use and what temp? a high temp will speed it along. And some yeasts burn through everything real fast. it could also just be a loose seal. at any rate, I'd leave it in the primary for 2 or 3 weeks, make sure the yeast can do everything they can for the beer.

I'm not sure on the yeast type I didn't put that in my notes.The temperature has been a constant 69-70°.

Latest posts

Back