Short Circuited Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenmeister

Reaction score
So, it's been about 4-5 months since Brian has posted any videos on his Short Circuited Brewing YouTube channel. Anyone know what is going on here? I hope everything is alright...

I've seen him post most recently in the Anvil Foundry group on Facebook. Both he and John Blichmann lurk in that group and chime in every once in a while.

He had posted on the Anvil FB group awhile back that he had a major project at his real life job that was taking all his time, but that he hoped to be back at it soon.

Good to know it's not something bad going on. I figured, like many YTers, that his channel was his main source of income, so was wondering if it was something negative going on.

Good to know it's not something bad going on. I figured, like many YTers, that his channel was his main source of income, so was wondering if it was something negative going on.

Are there any homebrewing YouTubers that get their main source of income from YouTube?? Brian might have some affiliate programs or sponsors that chip in some money, but looking at his YouTube stats, his 3,366,199 total views probably has earned him maybe $14K in income. So about $1,750 per year over 8 years or about $42 per video that likely takes him 20 hours each to create.

For most, YouTube is a hobby that might pay for the equipment needed to create the videos, and maybe pay for brewing ingredients and some new equipment.

Are there any homebrewing YouTubers that get their main source of income from YouTube?? Brian might have some affiliate programs or sponsors that chip in some money, but looking at his YouTube stats, his 3,366,199 total views probably has earned him maybe $14K in income. So about $1,750 per year over 8 years or about $42 per video that likely takes him 20 hours each to create.

For most, YouTube is a hobby that might pay for the equipment needed to create the videos, and maybe pay for brewing ingredients and some new equipment.

There are other YouTube channels I'm subscribed to (that aren't homebrew related) and a few of those have mentioned there channel being their "full time job". I just assumed the same for Brian.

Just for clarification, I never thought Brian was living in the lap of luxury from his Short Circuited Brewers channel, but thought maybe it paid enough to where he didn't have to work so much for the equipment/ingredients like you mentioned.

It sure would be nice if our hobby was that popular though. LOL!

Ha Ha! This YTer doesn't make a cent of his channel. I have just enough subscribers to be able to monetize but I won't do it so the few viewers I have won't be subjected to ads.

It sure would be nice if our hobby was that popular though. LOL!

Yeah. I have a friend that owns a homebrew shop that has been in business for probably 20 years. He has started working a part time job at a brewery while he is not working at the shop. Would be nice if there were more options for decent paying jobs in the homebrewing industry.

In any case, I hope Brian/Short Circuited gets some time back to put out some more content, or at least has been finding time to put that gorgeous brewery of his to use to make beer.

It is a great channel for those who have not watched:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ShortCircuitedBrewers/

I came on here wondering if there was news on his absence as well, and hoping it wasn't of the negative type. Sounds like it isn't, so that's good.
Same. I watched his building a basement brewery series as I myself am planning to start my own soon. I then noticed he hadn't posted a new video in 7 months!

FYI...Brian was on a recent Brülosophy Patron Livecast. There is not too much new news to report. He said that he has been busy with work and has not been able to brew. His work shifted from temporary at home, to a hybrid model to 100% at home, so he renovated his brewery storage room into his home office. His brewery is intact, but much of his gear is in the garage. He said he did have an upcoming surgery for an long time shoulder injury, and that will likely set back his hopes of getting back brewing by several months.

Just finished bingeing a ton of his videos, any updates to him coming back? Super easy to watch and very informative dude

I think he's just got a busy work schedule. At one time, I think he was going to do a collab with Larry from Beer & BBQ (another good show), but work gets in his way. I feel his pain. I can't find the time to brew like I used to. I could just imagine trying to find the time for that, gear reviews, and then the editing of those videos on top of that.

Great channel. I'm a propane brewer, but his channel is definitely one of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back