Shopping online, price increases - Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey fellow Canucks
Anyone notice the sharp increase in prices at the Ontario online supplier lately? I'm in Alberta, so with the increases plus shipping rates its the same price or more than the LHBS now. Bummer, I like buying there to stock up occasionally on hops, dme and specialty grains.

Yes, but it is our dollar which has gone south the last little while. Still, most of our prices are the same or even lower than a lot of US HB stores.

Yes, but it is our dollar which has gone south the last little while. Still, most of our prices are the same or even lower than a lot of US HB stores.

Good point. I must also eat crow on this... Mega sales on this weekend plus free shipping. They have some wicked deals on hops by the lb and equipment!

Beer grains and everwood ave brewing are good too, flat rate shipping at one or both I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Beer grains and everwood ave brewing are good too, flat rate shipping at one or both I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for the tip. Just browsed the Everwood site... looks good. How do you find them overall (i.e.: quality of ingredients/equipment, service, etc.)?

From the US here, I've noticed a pretty sharp increase in prices here in the states too. A malt advertised at $1.19 in Northern Brewer catalog went up to $1.49 over just a few weeks.

I just got some kegging stuff from everwood ave, overall includeing shipping I saved 15 bucks on obk where I normally order, everything was good and came a day earlier than expected, will order again

Back