shop juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy1950

Reaction score
Hi does any body add black grape juice to there T/C ,if it is ok to mix them is 3 of apple juice to 1 of grape juice ok
many thanks for any replys

It’s your brew do what you want, honestly I’d try it and see how it turns out, sounds good to me.

Using Concord grape juice in cider is supposed to be New England tradition. I made some last season, but I've been lazy and its still sitting in the carboy.

I made a batch in June that was 3.75 gal of Apple juice and 2.25 gal of Welch's Concord Grape. OG was 1.058, giving 7.75% ABV. I sweetened it with four cans of frozen grape juice concentrate. Tasted like a sparkling grape wine.

I made it because that was all the apple juice Walmart had at the time and thought 'Let's see what this would be like.' Meh, I won't be repeating it.

Hi many thanks for all your replys i thought it might add some tast and body to it .
thanks

i don't know if it's the right word for it, but store bought grape juice is really 'tannic'? i think? doesn't ferment out well when the sweetness is gone. or that's what i've assumed....

Back