Shock Top Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molson

Reaction score
I was at my local publix today and noticed a 6 pack of shock top raspberry wheat. Has anybody else seen or tried this. For what it is the original shock top isn't that bad and I was kind of curious how this tasted, not enough to buy a whole 6 pack though.

Well let's see, I'm sitting here sipping one right now, and would have to say it's the most amazing fruit beer I've ever had.

Very mild on the hops, mild sweetness, fantastic raspberry aroma... Buying a six-pack for the wife on the way home!! (I'm at a bottleshop.)

...except that now I can't find it anywhere in my area. This stuff apparently only became available within the past week! Nobody around here has it yet.

Well let's see, I'm sitting here sipping one right now, and would have to say it's the most amazing fruit beer I've ever had.

Very mild on the hops, mild sweetness, fantastic raspberry aroma... Buying a six-pack for the wife on the way home!! (I'm at a bottleshop.)

anheuser-busch actually made a good beer???

ViperMan said:
...except that now I can't find it anywhere in my area. This stuff apparently only became available within the past week! Nobody around here has it yet.

I've only seen it at publix in my area so far. Maybe I'll have to pick a 6 pack up.

I went to the Anheuser-Busch Beermaster tour a few weeks back, and our guide told us that they were/are planning on splitting shocktop to its own brand. I'd guess that there'll be a few more flavors on the horizon.

Just had one tonight from my local Publix, it is almost undrinkable to me, which is saying something as I love almost any beer, the fruit flavor is so overwrought and fake I had to force the bottle down, my wife finds it quite gross too.

banjo215 said:
Just had one tonight from my local Publix, it is almost undrinkable to me, which is saying something as I love almost any beer, the fruit flavor is so overwrought and fake I had to force the bottle down, my wife finds it quite gross too.

You're not the first person I have heard this from

I tried it at the Atlantic City beerfest, not a fan. The wife LOVED it, though (of course Corona is her favorite beer) It was too artificial tasting to me, though I didn't mind the amount of Rasberry flavor.

I tried this recently and was very happy with it for a bbq type beer that most people can enjoy. It was a little too sweet, but still had a great flavor. I would love to brew something similar for the summertime to have on tap for the ladies, and ideas of any clones?

On a side note, looks like shocktop is coming out with a Pumpkin Wheat shortly...

o4_srt said:
You're not the first person I have heard this from

Add one more... First time I had it I loved it... But I was really drunk. When my tastebuds sobered, I had another. The raspberry flavoring was SO fake, I can't drink the stuff. Nasty. I gave the rest of my 6 pack to SWMBO.

i had the same reaction! worst beer i ever tried!

Back