Shanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
One of my favorite meals. Some really cool wild rice blend from Cheiftain wild rice.

I have been thinking about trying a confit of lamb shank. It has the same individual muscle structure that duck does, and would probably be awsome. Maybe for Christmas.

Shanks.jpg

Yea, braised, and thanks. The green is parsley, garlic, olive oil, a bit of anchovy, lemon zest, a bit of caper, and just a splash of cider vinegar. It is a nice little freshness with all that richness. (Gremolata)

That's one of our favorites, too! We buy a whole lamb every fall, and while we are having lamb chops on the grill tonight, we look forward to the shanks more than anything!

I had some rosemary lamb sausage the other day. It got me excited to go back to Argentina in 2 weeks!

Beef is still king there (also excited for that) but down in Patagonia they roast whole lamb over wood fire. Fantastic.

When I have lamb I'm usually making gyros from it for Souvlaki sandwiches. Make the pita bread from scratch myself (from an Olga's recipe) and homemade Tzatziki using Greek yogurt.
Powerful good.

Back