Shame on BMC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
The lies and deciet abound!

One of my customers gave me an ( almost) beer today. It was a Coors Light. Not wanting to be rude, I took it with me. On my way home, I picked up a 32 oz. Tecate to drink while I fed our horses.
Ponies fed, I withdraw to my shed for some darts, a little Bob Marley, etc. When the Tecate was gone, I moved to the Coors Light. After the big beer, I figured I wouldn't be able to taste it anyway. I was right.

Around the top of the can was the legend:Frost Brew Liner- Locks in refreshing frost brewed Rocky Mountain taste. It's an aluminum can with a blue lining! Does blue somehow lock in the absence of flavor? Man! That's special!
I drank a Steel Reserve a while back. They claim that they use twice the hops and brew twice as long for twice the gravity. I didn't know that hops affected the gravity. Most people who don't brew would be impressed by that and think they had something special.

My point is this( finally!): They sell billions of gallons of beer every year. There's people who buy it because the color of the can matches their outfit. Why make up some BS to go along with it? Why not some honesty. Maybe something like: " It doesn't really taste like anything but you don't know any better!" or " Look, an aluminum bottle!"

I feel much better just getting this out. Thanks.

Monkey:cross:

EdWort said:
Coors Light after a Tecate is like...Hmmm.... Well......

C'mon folks, fill in the blanks. :D

Eating a steak with a ballon on your tongue!!!!

Yo know what the really funny thing is? I remember back in the 70's or so when Coor's was a regional beer and we couldn't buy it here in the Midwest, Coor's was something people here thought was extremely desirable beer. People would go out west and bring back cases of it in their trunk and everyone would envy them.

Nowadays Coor's has been sold here for a number of years and most people's attitude towards their products is quite a bit different than it was back then. Of course, Coor's Light may have had a lot to do with that. Yech.

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king but in the valley of the deaf the nagging torment goes unheard. You choose what you choose.

eriklupust said:
i think it died when they started makin keystone (bottled beer taste in a can,.. wouldn't that be great!@):mad: :confused:

sad thing is ill take a keystone over any other BMC beer. I guess after so many nights drinking it playing beer pong it grows on you. Not saying its good or anything.

Ryanh1801 said:
sad thing is ill take a keystone over any other BMC beer. I guess after so many nights drinking it playing beer pong it grows on you. Not saying its good or anything.

i understand i'll still hit budlight for a long weekend of drinking (infield at nascar races come to mind):ban:

Back