SG is good, should I bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reckoner

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been answered.

My Mangrove Jack's pear cider has been fermenting for 7 days now. I checked the SG today and it is exactly where it should be according to the instruction booklet (1.007).

A lot of people here say you should leave it for 14 days. But is there any point if the SG is at final reading?

Should I bottle now or wait?

Thanks again for any info :)

I see. So check it again in a couple of days and if it hasn't changed, I can bottle?

Then it will be ready. Don't know if cider is like beer, but with beer a few extra days lets the yeast clean up off flavors naturally produced. I'm never in a hurry to bottle because extra time is never detrimental with beer. Extra time can only improve the end product.

Then it will be ready. Don't know if cider is like beer, but with beer a few extra days lets the yeast clean up off flavors naturally produced. I'm never in a hurry to bottle because extra time is never detrimental with beer. Extra time can only improve the end product.

Ok thanks very much, appreciate the advice.

Back