Sexual harrasment or mental cruelty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that travels! I first heard of Dickens Cider when I was in AZ. Now I live in VA and worked with the folk who actually wrote that bit.
Silly Morning show DJs!
Epic...
-Me

Used to live down there. I now live in Michigan and can't stand the idea that people think that Bob & Tom made up that bit. I try to explain that Chuck the Intern has that unmistakable voice, but they just can't get it through their thick skulls. I hate Bob & Tom.

Used to live down there. I now live in Michigan and can't stand the idea that people think that Bob & Tom made up that bit. I try to explain that Chuck the Intern has that unmistakable voice, but they just can't get it through their thick skulls. I hate Bob & Tom.

I haven't listen to them in years. Who plays the character or Chick/Chuck? Who made it up? One their guests.

I haven't listen to them in years. Who plays the character or Chick/Chuck? Who made it up? One their guests.

What I remember was that Chuck the Intern was a guy who started working there as an intern from school. The morning show guys gave him his title and would give him a lot of crap about various stuff. After his internship was over, he was hired by the station, but they continued to call him Chuck the Intern. His voice is pretty distinct and I don't know if its his real voice or not, but if it isn't, then he stays in character pretty good. As most local morning shows like to do, they have various promotions to give out prizes and free stuff to promote the station. WNOR 98.7 if I remember right. I met him twice in person and he sounded just like on the radio, so I can only assume that it was the person I listened to every morning.

Curious... who claims to have invented this, and when?

As for the morning radio show, it was Tommy and Rumble. And as I said, the guy's voice is pretty unmistakable so I'm quite positive that they were the ones who did the skit. As for who wrote it, I'm not so sure. I always thought that they wrote it themselves, but I work with a guy who has some CDs from a couple of guys who do that sort of thing for a living. This skit is on those CDs, along with a lot of other ones too. But there are a lot of voices I don't recognize so it sounds to me that these guys write the skits, sell them to radio stations, and get the recording to compile a resume of sorts. Just my guess. If anyone has more information about this stuff, I'd love to know more.

Well, I managed to work Dicken's Cider into the conversation at work on Friday night. It went down very well, and nobody accused me of stealing it from Bob and Tom or anyone else, so I guess I got away with it! :D

BTW, what does subpoena mean?

Back