Settling in on my Mead Label ideas - please review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
So I am thinking this will be my mead label. All meads will get this label, with the date they were brewed. Capped in 12oz. beer bottles and the tops dipped in wax.

Mead_Label_400x405.png

It is simple and I think an elegant solution. What do you guys think? Too simple? How is the balance? Any of you design types with a good suggestion?

Thanks mucho,
Justin

You know what? I think that the design is perfect for mead - I agree completely that it's "an elegant solution." If I were you I'd make it even simpler by decreasing the size of the date, and wrapping wrapping it around the outside of the design (just a tiny arc, not the whole way around.)

I think it'll work great with wax too, which will make the presentation seem more complex even though the label is simple. All around great job!

I love it, I do kind of like the idea of wrapping the date around the edge, maybe as a partial arc off center on the top right and just having it say Mead in the middle.

Either way, it is pretty sweet!

I'd use a heavier-stroke nib and different hand for 'mead'; the calligraphy as shown is not only too thin on the broad strokes for the space, the long 'tails' place the word visually off-balance. Perhaps an Uncial font (like Kells or Lindisfarne) would be more appropriate.

Is that a font? It looks hand-done.

Cheers,

Bob

Latest posts

Back