Selling all grain - three vessel system. Thoughts on pricing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgxg

Reaction score
hi everyone. I am posting hoping to get some guidance. how would you sell this (part out, keep whole, etc), how much do you think it's worth?

Here is the link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CRq2NhV9wedUmKCp9
I haven't brewed now in about 5 years, and I'm about to move across town. I'm thinking of selling my all grain system. It is on a custom built stand with burners that are outfitted for natural gas (can be converted back to propane). Brews 10 gal batches as long as the grain bill isn't too huge.

Brew stand:
cast iron bayou classic burners - set for natural gas, but can be converted to propane orfices, needle valves
heavy duty casters
2 inch tube steel

Controller - PID controlled RIMS, pump as as accessory
Mash tun - adjustable sparge arm, electric 1500w RIMS system, pickup tube and SS false bottom
HLT - site glass, analog thermo or can be run through RIMS
Boil kettle - site glass, whirlpool return
all silicon tubing with SS camlock connectors
single march pump
All SS three part ball valves

fermentation setup -
SS brewtech 14 gal conical with all triclover connections, co2 connection for headspace or pushing into kegs
upright 13 cf freezer
ST100 temp controller

kegging -
perlick faucets
regulators
soda kegs

I appreciate your thoughts and guidance. I'm hoping to sell in the next month or so. Lots of blood sweat and tears in this system, but it's time to let it go. Could be a big upgrade for someone who's doing a cooler system, maybe? My next system is going to be an electric BIAB system. takes up a lot less space and I don't need to be making 10 gal of beer at a time.

Thanks everyone in advance for your thoughts!

Louis

Last edited:
I can’t really speak for price but I think you’ll have better luck selling it in pieces way easier to part with smaller amounts of money and a bigger audience if your willing to ship.

Hmm...so in general people expect a bulk discount for committing to an entire system...
So id sum up what all the parts cost brand new individually, then subtract 20% because the parts are used and another 20% for taking the entire lot.
It makes sense to depreciate items much more than 20% if there are moving parts or wearables..in other words:
1.pumps
2. Anything with orings, polymeric bushings, grommets, seals etc...
3. Examples: ball valves, weldless fittings etc...it's not clear if the polymer will need to be replaced based on age or storage conditions...

I would at least break the lot up into brewing/fermentation/dispensing sub-lots because unless one stumbles on a newbie with bank going totally all in in one shot, it's unlikely to sell at all as a bundle...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back