Seeking advice on an Orange/Cappuccino Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsilk

Reaction score
All of this talk about orange/chocolate and coffee/chocolate has me intrigued. First, has anyone here done an orange/cappuccino stout? And, what would you suggest as to flavoring?

I probably won't get on this until my Christmas offering.

Hey there,
Ive done a high gravity wheat beer flavored with orange peel, corriander, and fermented with red grapes. That came out pretty well. If you looking for any orange flavor you would probibly go with either bitter or sweet orange zest. It's availible at most brew stores or online. As far as the cappachino goes i'm not too sure. From what I hear it is best to brew the coffee seperately and then add to the boil but for some reason I think i woud wrather brew it in the boil some how.

-Dustin Hickey

:tank:Hi, I was just perusing the forums and came across your thread. I have made a chocolate and orange blossom honey stout for a few years now and it is great. I just brewed another batch that I converted to all-grain in April and I'm letting it age in the keg until Christmas. The orange blossom honey gives it a hint of orange without overpowering anything. The malts really give it a great flavor as well and the 10-12% alcohol is totally hidden. In a nutshell the recipe is: 15# maris otter, 2# chocolate malt, 1# vienna malt, 1# carapils, 1# munich malt, 3# orange blossom honey, 2oz Northern brewer, 1oz Liberty and Wyeast 1098. I can try to send you the Brewsmith sheet if you are interested. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back