Seeking a certain calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmead

Reaction score
Is there a simple calculator that will indicate the change in specific gravities when a certain amount of a fermentable is added? I broke my hydrometer last night. Fermentation is under way. I have the kit OG But I've added more.

The recipe target is predetermined to be 1.062. I wanted to know what will two pounds of dark brown sugar and one pound of light dme add to that.

Any brew software will do this for you... You're going to want to pick some sort of software in the future. I almost don't want to tell you but it's roughly 0.027 gravity points.

Any brew software will do this for you... You're going to want to pick some sort of software in the future. I almost don't want to tell you but it's roughly 0.027 gravity points.

Assuming we know the volume of wort Mr/Mrs. Mmead is using.. Could be WAAAY off. :D

Very true... one of several reasons he should use the link you provided to help himself :)

Latest posts

Back