Secondary Regulators? Taprite vs Chudlow vs Micromatic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Honestly, if price isn't an issue...go with the micromatic. There's two micromatic warehouses within a 5-10 minute drive of my house, so I'm lucky I don't have to pay shipping. Either way...I buy all of my kegging supplies from them and the quality is second to none.

Our beautiful Peak 7 regulator is as good or better as anything that has been suggested so far and it runs $36 as shown below and can be configured on our website to run up to five kegs or we will do custom configurations if you call.
BigBody_Reg.jpg

Peak 7 More info

Sorry KegCowboy but I have to disagree. I have yours as a primary and the 4 reg Micromatic listed above as a secondary and yours is not "as good or better". Don't get me wrong I love yours, it is a great piece of equipment but the Micromatic is more responsive and better put together in my opinion.

If I had it to do all over again I would still get the Micromatic for my secondary. Sure you could go to other places and get a secondary for cheaper and probably be happy with it. Makes perfect sense if you are on a budget but if you have the money, again in my opinion, you are better off getting the better quality unit.

Tom, you have a Peak 7 or one of the older High69s with white gauges?

I have the double secondary from micromatic. Awesome quality and zero problems after 4 years, you get what you pay for. Not dissing anyones product's, but micromatic is quality.

I just got a single premium secondary from micromatic and have it up and running with no problems! Much better quality it seems that the primary commercial grade I got from beverage factory.

Can it be configured as a low pressure secondary?

Our beautiful Peak 7 regulator is as good or better as anything that has been suggested so far and it runs $36 as shown below and can be configured on our website to run up to five kegs or we will do custom configurations if you call.
BigBody_Reg.jpg

Peak 7 More info

Latest posts

Back