Second Batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuallyBrew

Reaction score
Well, since i've been so excited about my first brew I went out last night and picked up a couple Stone Brews to enjoy.

I tried the Smoked Porter and Arrogant Bastard Ale yesterday and got hooked. So I picked up an IPA on the way home today and I gotta say, this is the best brew i've had yet.

So now i'm torn. I'd like to try an Hefewiezen (as it's type of beer my friends like) but i'd sure like to come up with something like this.

So question... what's a good second brew?

Thanks for the input!

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'd be doing you any favors by giving you a suggestion. I can't have you mad at me if it doesn't turn into something you like. The soundest advice I can give is to try something you know you already like and you know how it should taste until you start to get too exotic.

Example: My third batch I thought I'd try a cherry stout. I'd never tried one by that point and I'm not sure the product I ended up with was bad due to bad brewing or that I just don't like cherry stouts.

Brew what you like and you'll always like what you brew. (hey, that's kinda sage advice isn't it?) :D

Back