second batch of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
well my son and i boiled up a new batch last night,we bought a brew masters cooper brand ipa ,we also bought a body builder kit to go with it ,oh wow,it had hop pellets and a quart of medium malt extract ,yeast,yest food ,and priming suger in it ,cool little kit ,for a second timer ,,i never would of thought it ,but the smell i got when i started boiling ,WOW!its on now baby ,upward and onword ,lmao,this is going to be my best so far ,just two total but ,,lol ,,i pitched the yeast and inside of 6 hours this baby took off ,its going a little crazzzzzzyyyyy right now though ,im going to have to keep an eye on it ,luckaly im off work today so i can watch it closly ,beers to ya ,bull:ban:

Melana said:
I love the smell of boiling wort in the morning... :mug:

Yea, me too, but my wife hates it.

It's kind of funny how some batches take off in a couple hours, while others take more than a day.

Someone here will know the reason. I'd guess that at least part of it is that different strains of yeast just perform differently. My batch of Strawberry Blond didn't take off for more than a day. I opened the lid and there was no activity at all. I ended up pitching some dry. If I would have used a starter, I wouldn't have had to wait that long to discover that my yeast was dead. So for now on, I'm using starters.

Back