Second batch is on the way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennychico11

Reaction score
Just a week after opening the bottle to my first batch I've already ordered a kit for my second batch. I was just waiting to get some more bottles collected before I proceeded so that when it came to bottling time I had enough.

This next kit is going to be a Bavarian Wheat from Midwest. I've also ordered an ounce of coriander seeds to add to the kit just to kind of kick it up a bit. I've noticed some of the other wheat kits came with coriander...and so I thought I'd try it with this too. I'm hoping to get the kit mid week and then to set some time to the side to brew this coming weekend!

:ban::rockin::mug:

Brew on, brother! After I ordered my kit, I realized how cheap it would be to add on a few extra carboys and fermenting buckets. From there, I saw how cheap a few extra extract kits would be seeing as I'm not quite ready to make that AG jump. Once you have the basic equipment and knowledge, it's easy to go overboard.

If I ever get to that point where I feel like I have too much gear or too much beer laying around the house, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers! :mug:

Make sure you crush the corriander if its not already. Put in a ziplock back and take a rolling pin to it. You probably knew that, but a few hundred batches ago I didn't. :)

funny. I have my first batch in primary - should be ready to bottle by sat. and I'm going be heading to the brew shop this week to buy a second primary and ingredients kit to get another batch going. at least I'm not the only one ;)

funny. I have my first batch in primary - should be ready to bottle by sat. and I'm going be heading to the brew shop this week to buy a second primary and ingredients kit to get another batch going. at least I'm not the only one ;)

Far from it, man. My starter kit came with 1 primary fermenting bucket and 2 Better Bottle plastic carboys. Those plastic ones are cheap, so tacking on a few more wasn't much. Airlocks are like a buck a pop, stoppers are nothing, and buckets are... Well, they're buckets.

Plus, if you ever do manage to overfill your fridge, giving homebrew to people is a quick way to turn a pal into a friend. Or better yet, into another homebrew addict.

Plus, if you ever do manage to overfill your fridge, giving homebrew to people is a quick way to turn a pal into a friend. Or better yet, into another homebrew addict.

I've already been on the lookout for a cheap/free spare fridge I can put in the basement to house my 96+ bottles I'll have on hand at all times ;)
And I've pretty much handed out more bottles of my first batch to people than I have even cracked open myself!

Make sure you crush the corriander if its not already. Put in a ziplock back and take a rolling pin to it. You probably knew that, but a few hundred batches ago I didn't.

thanks for the tip. I figured that's what I needed to do after doing some research. I also assume I just add it straight to the boil, yah?

Back